Lady after my own heart.

I needed to go down town this morning at 6:30. The place across the street from the V.P's residents big woop, anyway I showed up on my bike with my faux materials strapped on the back. I saw movement at the blinds (I came in the back alley) then this cute lady came down opened the door in her robe offered me coffee. She said my coffee probably taste like grunge I told her I like grunge , No to sugar and cream , just black please.
Anyway we started talking she is a Texan, card holding gun carrier. and we hit it off. So The contractor showed up and I got to work I was told I was the best and she was so pleased to have me do the grinning for her of her hand rails. Got it done is 2 hours. She has some extraordinary antiques she said I may be working on but she wants to come out to the shop to learn a few things. I told Jarrod you might get some help soon. LOL
The morning was awesome , lights were green all the way downtown 19 miles and took the back roads out of DC to the beltway back. I get back to the shop and I get a call from a company in Connecticut who said they did a search of professionals in the DC area who do Painting restoration and I asked; how did you find me she tells me that their is a list of trades in a who's who of referrals on the net , I did not know that, anyway she said I was on the top. WOW !
all this to say; What a great day. Dinner this evening with Jacob and the wife and I send him off to Iowa in the morning, peace and quite again.

Last edited:
Isn't it nice to have a day where everything just falls into place? :thumb: Congrats on the good listing in the Who's Who.

I though of you today Dave when we were hanging a 500 year old gilded mirror. ;) We seldom see the real old stuff out here, but I was thinking about how you deal with stuff that old pretty often. Also thought of you yesterday while Perry (my boss) was touching up the paint on an abstract painting where someone (not us) had punctured the canvas. It looked like a nail hole...the depression closed up OK but the paint needed to be touched up to close the last little bit of the hole and to hide the newly exposed canvas fibers. He did the repair after we hung it, and he matched the color perfectly. (Something I'll bet you can do in your sleep, but he's also a painter with an art degree, so like you, he's pretty good with colors.) The clients were watching as he did it, and they were amazed when the hole literally disappeared.

Vaughn thanks for the thoughts. Tell your boss to pick up Ralph Mayer's book "The Artist Handbook" I t is a go to book for me for problem solving. He may or may not have heard of it. But it has everything to do with art conservation and gilding.