sanding the right way..................

a while back I posted how I sand , I go over one area 7 times and move on. The reason ! well I just ran across one good example; I have an expensive walnut dinning room table in here. The customer has tried many waxes and cleaners tring to get the streaks out. The streaks came from uneven wet sanding. No matter how hard one tries to sand / wet sand to get the table even it can not be done with a full refinishing. Once silicons are introduced to the finish and driven into the finish and through cracks in the veneer there is no way to remove it 100% to keep from getting fish eye.
I tried the easy way of cleaning sanding and coating with sealer and finish but the fish eyes keep coming back. So I bit the bullet and stripped it and started from scratch. Now I am almost home 1 more gloss coat and I'm done. Pic's to follow.
Sanded , sealed and colored finial coat gloss

Attachments

• P1010455.JPG
    P1010455.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 81
  • P1010466.JPG
    P1010466.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 81
  • P1010474.JPG
    P1010474.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Jarrod meet me this morning at the customers home. at 8AM. at 8:15 with no answer at the door we decided to leave. I was on my bike and you know the sound of a sportester. I revved it up as I pulled off , well with in 2 minutes of leaving I get a call ; Were you just here. LOL Good thing she was in the country because if not and I were on the freeway of beltway I would not have heard the phone or been able to pull over and she would have gotten an additional delivery charge. But all is good. She loved it !