please make this easy for me

allen levine

Jets vs Bessey, 12 inch clamps. 8 of them

50 inch clamps 2 of them.

I want to pick up this weekend, which way should I go
I have 6 besseys, peoople keeping telling jets are better.

Depends on which besseys, I'd guess.

I've got some slightly older besseys, and they work well. But I picked up some of the woodcraft copies of the besseys, and I like them better. The only difference I can see is that the handles are a little easier to grip and turn.

Don't know anything about the newer besseys though...

I use the heavy duty jorgy's myself so I couldnt tell you good bad or indifferent on the jets. I did use the besseys alot at a shop I used to work at and we never had a problem with them. So from that stand point I would recommend the besseys.

I have both but seem to like the Jet a bit better. No huge difference though. The head on the long bessys tend to slide closed too easily making it a bit of a pain to clamp long pieces without a 3rd hand.

I have the old k-body clamps, they work pretty well. I got them on sale though, that was the only reason I went with them. My vote - try the adjustment of the clamp head. The jet has the lever to pull when you move, the bessey you tilt the adjustment screw to move. Both seem to be good clamps to me, I think it's just personal preference on the adjustment mechanism.

have no jets but i do have few older bessys and the some of the new handled ones,, i have a decent grip yet allen and the older ones work for me but the newer handles are better for griping.. looking at your muscle problem sometimes.. i dont have an issue withe clamping mechanisum on the bessys but they can slide closed like bob mentioned sometimes when you done want them to..

Jet is the clear winner

For me.

The quick release lever makes the jet clamps much easier to handle.
Clamping pressure and construction Id rate the same.
the handle on the jet is actually a bit easier to grip.

I love bessey products, own alot of them.

I will purchase jet clamps in the future, they have the edge for me.

Have you found a sale price on the Jets? I wanted some of them but couldn't find them on sale. Woodcraft ran some Besseys on at a great price last Christmas, so I got some. I still want to try some Jets and I've got some money squirreled away and I might be tempted to part with some if there is a good price on them. I've also got an Infinity mailer with the Dadonator calling my name. :rofl: Jim.

I Purchased them regular price, just a slight discount off of amazon.

Im waiting for a sale also to purchase cabinet size, like 60 inches.

Jet just notified me of a sale, but no clamps.

Im hoping near the holiday season, they might offer some deals.

I Purchased them regular price, just a slight discount off of amazon...

Whew! You were saved by that slight discount. Otherwise, someone might have written you up. It's in the Unwritten Rules of the Woodworking Brotherhood (or Sisterhood, for those of the female persuasion) that a true woodworker always buys his (or her) clamps on sale. :D

Thanks for the review on the Jet clamps. I'm pretty well stocked (my clamp racks are full), but I'll keep the Jets in mind next time I'm in the market for parallel clamps. :thumb:

While on the subject......

Never, ever dreamed I would have the kind of money I do wrapped up in clamps when I first started this hobby. Kind of sorry I ever tried the k-body style clamps :doh:

But they really have helped my work out greatly.

doug