Stay Put Hose - Woodcraft

I'm with Glenn. I use the 2 1/2 in. on the DP and on the lathe.

On the DP I can put it close to the drilling, sanding, or whatever and it sucks up a lot of stuff. It also sucks the chips out of the Forstner bit, hole saw and regular drills. It is a REAL blessing with sanding (drum, SandFlea, paper held to spinning wood, etc.). However, it is still not perfect here.

The next to last pic is just because it is pretty.
The last pic is Glenn cutting off a bolt for a leveler on the new TS table. Big box does not sell all lengths

First and Second pics show the stay put hose at the drill press. Note it is not resting on the fence nor on the DP table. Note the extra set of Tee tracks Glenn installed for me, closer to the drill. This is REALLY handy for hold downs.

The use of 2 1/2 really, really, really sucks up most of the stuff from wood turning. The improvement is startling. I have hard DC pipe coming down close to the lathe. This splits into two 2 1/2 diameter sections that are 12 in collapsed and 24 in extended. I move these around depending on where the chips and wiggly worms are flying. It is not perfect here either. However, the improvement is wonderful.

Pardon the messes (my shop is normally immaculate, ha, ha). I am in the process of completely rearranging the shop because of the new BS.

The chipboard behind the lathe will be holding stuff I use at the lathe. The magnet unit is already installed and has some tools on it. The scrap sandpaper holding boxes are also installed at this time. More will be added to the chipboard. The turning tool holder was removed to move the lathe. It is normally at the right end of the lathe.

Enjoy,

Jim

Last edited:
Well Rex, when you get old your brains leak out. It took me about five tries to get the pics to stay. I spent time trying to get the pics at different locations within the text.

Speaking of "...five tries..." Did you hear about the thrifty Scotsman (my wife is Scottish) who dropped his chewing gum in the chicken yard? Well it took him twenty-six tries before it tasted right.

I would not have had guts enough to include the previous paragraph if my wife wasn't from the House of Glendowen and she thinks it is funny.

Enjoy,

Jim

My problem is finding the pics to post after I resize them. :dunno::dunno:

Glenn solved that problem for me. I'm set up so that all pics from either camera, download to a file called "PicsToResize."

Then I go to the free program PIXResizer. I have the PIXResizer" download from:" default set to "PicsToResize." When it is through resizing (about 5 seconds) it puts the files in "PicsResized" by default.

After I do whatever I want with the reduced pics I delete all files (almost always .jpg) from "PicsToResize." That way "PicsToResize" is ready for the next time I download pictures.

If you get lost in all of the "Pics", "Resizes", etc. give me a PM.

It is much simpler to do than it is to write about.

Enjoy,

Jim

Basically this gives me a place where all pictures go in my computer (It is the Atlanta of the airlines. The saying is that you can not go to Heck unless you go through Atlanta). This one place is where PIXResizer always goes to get pictures to resize or where I go to get a picture to work on. Once the pictures are resized they always go to the same place for me to use them however I wish.

Last edited: