Lost out on a good deal today

Tom Baugues

I saw an ad this week on Craigslist that a guy was selling off alot of his woodworking tools because he was moving. Anyway, one of the items listed was a Delta BOSS spindle sander for only $50.00. This was to be a garage sale that started at 9 am this morning. Well, I've been looking for one of these for a while but have not come across a good deal so I was excited when I saw the ad. My plan was to get there well before the sale started and beat any other buyers to the sale. I got up this morning and got to the sale site by 8:15 am only to find just about every woodworker in a five county area already going through the tools. There were cars and trucks lined up and down the street as far as I could see. I did go on in to see what was left and could not believe it when I saw the sander still sitting on a table. I ran right over to it and picked it up (it's pretty heavy) and carried it around while I looked at the tables of other stuff (not much), anyway after carrying this thing around I finally walked over to pay for it only to be told by the owner that someone else had already bought it but left it sitting while he carried other stuff to his truck.
So I carried this thing around like I owned it for over 10 minutes getting sawdust all over me only to set it back down and walk away empty handed.:pullhair:
I was not a happy camper. :(
So....still on the hunt for a spindle sander........

That's a real bummer... You would think that he or the guy that bought it would have said something rather than watch you walk around with it.....

Last edited:
Bummer Tom, yeah, sad no one bothered to say something sooner. When things like that happen to me, I take it as an omen or the like's of...I can almost smell the smoke it let go about an hour ago :rofl: Hope that lessons the sorrow some :) & Better luck next time!

Last edited: