A Couple Of Pepper Mills

Charles Hans

Here are a couple of mills that I just completed. One on the left is walnut, jatoba and birch and the other one is cherry,jatoba and birch. A fun but a little time consuming project for my daughters
Chuck

Attachments

• P1030422.JPG
    P1030422.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Great looking mills, Chuck! :thumb:

LOML and I were talking about what to get her mother for Christmas and I thought about a pepper and a salt mill. What are the best mills to use?

Bill I can't say which mechanisms are the best, I have been using the "crush grind " mechanisms that you can get from a lot of places. I get mine from Woodworkers Supply. I have used 10 of them so far with good results. I like them because they don't have the hardware showing like some of the other brands. I think it depends on the look that you or your customer is looking for. They come with either a shaft that is 10" long that you cut it to the length that suits your design, or they also make a shaft-less mechanism.
Chuck

Bill I can't say which mechanisms are the best, I have been using the "crush grind " mechanisms that you can get from a lot of places. I get mine from Woodworkers Supply. I have used 10 of them so far with good results. I like them because they don't have the hardware showing like some of the other brands. I think it depends on the look that you or your customer is looking for. They come with either a shaft that is 10" long that you cut it to the length that suits your design, or they also make a shaft-less mechanism.
Chuck

Chuck,
CSUSA now has a mechanism for the crush/grind that comes with an 18" shaft... these just came out last month and work same and are exactly like the 10" shafts.... I don't do the shaft-less any more ... too much trouble to make the work right for me.

Good job! you could also play 3d chess on them ;).

Seriously, those look great to me, I can only imagine the time to adjust and glue all those pieces before turning them. :thumb::thumb: