My jeans fly ;-) UPDATED!!

Hi guys.

Just arrived back from my holydays where I have spent most of my time carving, and when I say most of my time I mean between 8 and 10 hours a day.

Honestly, they felt like minutes, and here is the result. It is not finished yet as I have to start working on the fine details that will give it the final punch but I thinks that it starts to give the right impression.

Carved from three pieces of basswood glued toghether, that were cut from the same board.

Pictures shown in cronological order except the last ones wich exemplify what I could see from the shop door ( my father in-law garage).

Comments, critics and suggestions welcome as always!

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• fly01.jpg
    fly01.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 107
  • fly06.jpg
    fly06.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 103
  • fly07.jpg
    fly07.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 101
  • fly12.jpg
    fly12.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 99
  • fly14.jpg
    fly14.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 102
  • fly17.jpg
    fly17.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 103
  • fly20.jpg
    fly20.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 110
  • fly23.jpg
    fly23.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 133
  • bens.jpg
    bens.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 129
  • bens2.jpg
    bens2.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Welcome back Toni!

Looks like it's shaping up to be another winner of a project. :thumb:

I'm guessing your temporary shop was a fairly peaceful place to while away the hours... I'm envious. :thumb:

Toni, please know you were missed. It is great to see you back again and still hard at carving! Wonderful piece. You truly are amazing, a block of wood that looks like a bunch of tools ready to be picked up and used and now a pair of jeans that need zipped and buttoned!:eek::eek::doh::rofl::rofl::thumb::thumb: Great job my friend, welcome home!:wave:

Welcome back! :wave: I was thinking about you just yesterday...I'd noticed you hadn't been around lately, then I realized you were probably on holiday, and I suspected you were at your father-in-law's place. (That's where you rebuilt the door a few years ago, right?) Sounds like you had a great time.

The carving looks amazing, as is usual for your work. :thumb: It's also great to see the progress photos. Not only do I really admire your carving abilities, I appreciate that you make art by depicting common everyday items like jeans or tools or a tablecloth, just presented in a different way. :clap:

Mon Ami I can only continue the echo of you being a great artist. Someday you gonna believe us.;):D

Ok the next commission seeing you into pants is do one of my shorts that when they hang on my but look like longs. :D

Welcome back Toni. Hey i hope the Father in law shared some of that meat there on the spit while you were there? Its one of my favorites.

Sad to see the aliens in the background. Wonder what the sheep think of them. Are they on his land?

My jeans fly UPDATED!

Hi guys, I'm not having much time neither to ww or post, so this weekend I managed to get some work done.

Getting there but still not quite :huh: some folds and wrinkles still elude me.
At least I got half of the zipper in place. Soon will be able to close them:D:rofl:

Last edited: