Interesting Way to Make a Dowel

Yeah I have the lee valley dowel maker as well. A spade bit and a pipe clamp.. who knew. this guy puts us new england yankees to shame! :rofl::rofl:

That is one of those ideas that is so simple it makes me feel stupid for not thinking of it. :eek:
I am about to try making a ramrod from Dogwood. Was going to use the ole split 'n scrape method. Not now. ;)

Such simplicity and to think i have chucked up wood in the lathe to do what could have been done so simply and more accurately.

Think i am gonna buiid a wall mounted foot that can swing out an kick my butt when i see things like this. :)

...Think i am gonna buiid a wall mounted foot that can swing out an kick my butt when i see things like this. :)

Why go with a wall-mounted unit? Freestanding is the way to go...

408390645.jpg

interesting for sure, but it looks like it takes quite a bit of strength to hold it straight with enough downward pressure.
I believe this might be a difficult task to make more than one or two if you arent in tip top shape.arthritis free, no carpal tunnel.

interesting for sure, but it looks like it takes quite a bit of strength to hold it straight with enough downward pressure.
I believe this might be a difficult task to make more than one or two if you arent in tip top shape.arthritis free, no carpal tunnel.

You could do shorter ones in the drill press then.
I am wondering what that blade was on the first one? At first I though reciprocating blade. (doesn't matter, just curiosity)