Looking for #3 Antique Bronze Wood Screws

glenn bradley

I have been looking for a supplier of small hardware and they are in abundance. Apparently though, the demand for a wider array of finishes in the smaller sizes does not warrant a large number of suppliers(?). I can find lots of small wood screws but apparently steel and brass are the only popular materials. I find just what I am looking for but, they will have #2, #4, #5, etc. and of course, I need #3 x 1/2" to 3/4" in length.

Any tips?

Hi Glenn.

I can try to find some here, but problably they'll be metric, however, do they really need to be bronze? I've never heard about bronze wood screws unless they are used for boats. as it whistands corrosion better :dunno:

As far as I know brass is an alloy of copper and zinc and bronze is an alloy of copper and tin (stannum) with similar appearance.

I just need the antique bronze finish. Preferrably on a steel screw ;-) I was just hoping to tap the wisdom here for a source for smaller wood screws in a variety of finishes. Steel and brass are no problem down to the tiniest of sizes. Other finishes seem to be a bit rare unless they come along with the hinges or whatever other hardware you happen to buy.

Last edited:
you might try horton brass as well. You may need to email them as they might not show on their website.
www.horton-brasses.com

just checked. they do have them on their website. the dark antique looks like antique bronze and they have 3's down to 3/8"

Glenn is just like his father, always wanting something that nobody carries in their stores.

He is also like me in other ways except: he is younger, he is bigger, he is stronger, he is faster, he is 100 times better than me at woodworking, he is better looking plus a few hundred other minor things. OWWTH.l

Enjoy,
Jim

Glad I could help! They are a great resource for all kinds of cabinet and furniture hardware. I have always had excellent service from them!

Jim i thought I was the only one that wanted something nobody carries in their stores. Now i know i am not alone.:rofl::thumb::thumb: I feel this way every time i visit the local borgs. :)

Why is it always the right size but the wrong thread style, the right finish but too short, the right profile but the wrong radius? :huh:

Are we really that odd? :dunno:

Must be.:rolleyes: