Two dollar sharpening jig

Good "ol Capn Eddie

He has a lot of other free tips and mdse for sale.....very reasonable.

He is the kind of guy that just wants to give back.

I have Capn Eddie's Blackhawk sharpening system (which comes with the $2 sharpening jig). My gouges are sharp and it is really easy to touch up my tools. I would recommend it to anyone. It is about half to two-thirds the price of the comparable Wolverine jig. Not quite as polished, but it does the job.

His videos got me back into woodturning, so I like to support him when I can.

I have Capn Eddie's Blackhawk sharpening system (which comes with the $2 sharpening jig). My gouges are sharp and it is really easy to touch up my tools. I would recommend it to anyone. It is about half to two-thirds the price of the comparable Wolverine jig. Not quite as polished, but it does the job.

His videos got me back into woodturning, so I like to support him when I can.

Ditto

there's your next project Toni! Come up with a jig to sharpen them!! :D
I bet it can be done! (If'n I was a bettin man)

Thanks for the suggestion Rich, but I'd rather prefer spending the short time I have available carving than designing a jig for sharpening gouges.
Firstly because I already know how to sharpen them (it took me a while), secondly because there are a few in the market already so... :dunno:;)

However, I'm thinking about building a carving bench with a tilting and turning top, and folding sides, that I'll problably post here when I make, but that won't happen until next year.