beverages

Bart Leetch

I've always ordered beverages one simple way: "A Coke, please." Lately, though, this hasn't seemed to work. Waitresses now often respond, "I'm sorry, we don't have Coke. We have Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb." Tired of listening to the long list of soft drinks, I thought I'd make life easier. So one day I simply asked the snack bar clerk at a movie theater for a "dark, carbonated beverage." The young man behind the counter chuckled and asked, "Sir, would you like a cylindrical plastic sucking device with that?"

That's funny Bart, when I ask for coke and they reply with the Pepsi bit I just tell them I'll have water, or iced tea. When I was working in the Gravure business we were engraving cylinders for Coke products, One of the salesmen landed a deal with Pepsi to produce their printing cylinders for their packaging, but the only stipulation to getting the contract was we had to get rid of all Coke jobs in the house! That is a cut throat business and they are constantly after each other, there is a ton of money at steak.
Chuck

I've always ordered beverages one simple way: "A Coke, please." Lately, though, this hasn't seemed to work. Waitresses now often respond, "I'm sorry, we don't have Coke. We have Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb." Tired of listening to the long list of soft drinks, I thought I'd make life easier. So one day I simply asked the snack bar clerk at a movie theater for a "dark, carbonated beverage." The young man behind the counter chuckled and asked, "Sir, would you like a cylindrical plastic sucking device with that?"
Bart I know that guy. He's Jacobs best friend and funney'er then all get out ! He also works at a Theater.
So you thought you were being slicker then snot but you found out that there are those who can blow your dress up from places you least expect to find quick wit. :rofl::rofl:

whenever I splurge and eat at a 'real' restaurant, I usually order 'cola, either variety'... then I also get the we have blah blah blah... and I confirm that whichever flavor they have will be fine.

Lately, I've switched to 'clear' soda sprite or sierra mist depending on mood.