tn_work 003.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 147
  • tn_work 004.JPG
    tn_work 004.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 145
  • tn_work 005.JPG
    tn_work 005.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 141
Probably helped that it was back filled already. Around here, that seems to be one of the last things done. Would love to have a house built with those i-joists some day. Looking good! :thumb:

Great job Chuck. I think i could live there quiet easily. No neighbors.
Johnathan i have those engineered joists in my home. My complaint with them is the glue joint between the real wood making up the top and the osb wafer making up the middle.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Rob First pic right over the deck on the left side. Yes that is a red house.:thumb: Hard to tell from the pics but behind the house is a golf course.:doh: And the neighbors in the development well lets just say they are not the friendliest bunch you ever meet. :thumb::thumb::thumb: Rules rules rules and everyone is watching to make sure that the rules don't get broken. If you leave your car parked on the side of the road for more than an hour expect a visit from security. He's a nice enough guy and you can tell he just hates having to come bust our chops but he shows up anyways.:doh:
Steve is bigger than a bread box:thumb:
Jonathan I can not really give an opinion on them out side of they are nice to install. Also I don't get to make the call on what materials go into the house that is all up to the guy who designed it.:thumb:
Larry we are doing every thing that has to do with wood.
Darren most house foundation are to be capped before back filling. For some reason the engineers think that the floor system is going to keep the walls from caving in :rofl::rofl::rofl: This being a walk out basement it had to be built to keep the dirt out on it's own so they could back fill it almost as soon as the forms came off. :thumb:
Yes Vaughn this is a shed thread.:thumb:I have been told we have a 6600 square foot roof that is to be stripped and have cedar shakes put on. I belive the roof on this one is around 3000 SQF so compared to the next job in the que this is a shed.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

Ooops sorry Chuck missed that in he pic. This sounds like just the place i dont want to live.:D

Hey when you put down the subfloor do you put construction adhesive on the joists. Then do you nail or screw them in?

Im sure glad I live in a place that doesnt worry about rules.

I don't care who you are, that's funny stuff right there. :rofl:

Chuck - only 6,600 square feet? Don't they have any big houses out there? :p (I'd sure hate to do roof work on one that size.) We've worked in a few that were over 15,000 sf, but I'm holding out for the call to install artwork for the new owners of the Spelling place in Holmsby Hills. I figure 56,500 sf should keep us busy for a couple of days. :D

I have heard horror stories on those I joists delaminating due to moisture from basements. Evidently you are a believer in them?

Use them all the time here on the west coast and have never heard of any of them delaminating. They are a good sound product that allow far greater spans than conventional lumber. A real bugger to walk on though:eek:. Interesting chuck that they make you cap it before back filling. never heard of that before. Does that have to do maybe because you are only back filling one side? Don't see any foundation seal. How do you water proof your foundations there?

Use them all the time here on the west coast and have never heard of any of them delaminating. They are a good sound product that allow far greater spans than conventional lumber. A real bugger to walk on though:eek:. Interesting chuck that they make you cap it before back filling. never heard of that before. Does that have to do maybe because you are only back filling one side? Don't see any foundation seal. How do you water proof your foundations there?

They only want you to cap the full foundations (Engineers go figure):doh: And yes I would say they are guessing that with the cap on the load the dirt puts on the outside of the wall will be transferred to the other wall. I'm not buying it though. I'm on the if the concrete wall is not going to hold out the dirt by it's self then Huston we got a problem. :thumb::thumb:
And yes it has seal and foam board on it. You just can't see it through the dirt.:thumb::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Up go the walls. Only got this pic before the camera died. This is a prefab kit from one of the big boys in the area. It well to stay in the CoC was not the best. We had to wait 2 weeks form them to get the walls done. Than they where still building them as we where setting them. We had to wait for the second truck to go back and reload so we could set the last of the exterior and some of the interior and they still didn't have them all:doh: More than once we told the project manager that if he would have just let us stick frame it it would have been done by now.:doh::thumb: He finely did have to tell us to quite picking on him.:rofl: I also had to tell him if this had been the other guy that house would have been sitting in the parking lot across the street three weeks ago. :thumb:
And would have been made in larger size out of all the walls we only had one that was 16 feet long.:doh:
Hey Brent just an FYI for ya all the sheeting is put on standing up.:thumb:

Attachments

• tn_cart3 001.JPG
    tn_cart3 001.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 58