Friday 9/2 Edition

It's Friday gang and a long weekend for some of us. So, what's going on in your neighborhood?

Myself, just clillaxing around for Fri and Sat. Supposed to be summer here again for a couple days. Cooking out Sunday evening. Probably work on homework somewhere along the weekend.

I have been hard at it doing all sorts around the house. Bill Satko you a bad influence :) ;)
Hanging some (if in doubt ....stout gates got carried away :) ) then laying out an area to be excavated for a pathway from gates to driveway while i have" labor" on hand to do the excavation.
Looking to do smoked pork on bbq Sat will see how that pans out.
My shop has temp become a construction shed :) I feel like i currently am an apprentice to Chuck. :) Have a good one all.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I'm delivering the Desk this morning and heading to the Va farm to help paint my friend farm house inside after the renters distorted it. Do some Dove shooting , tree-stand preparations and work on the Wolf painting in my spair time LOL I am looking forward to a nice ride today. Back on Monday sometime.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

finish the shop floor tiling and put the door insulation on, and Im ready to start woodworking again.(the contrator went on vacation so the kitchen is 95% finished, Im still not able to finish the painting in there)
Today is a mental health day. Top down on the convertible, and Im going to stop and smell the coffee today.

Last edited:
  • Keep working on the Shed
  • Modify weber kettle grill to use my new temp control unit. Then cook some ribs on it.
  • take an old couch to the dump
  • I'm building a new RC airplane, so sneak some work on that in as well.

• Keep working on the Shed
  • Modify weber kettle grill to use my new temp control unit. Then cook some ribs on it.
  • take an old couch to the dump
  • I'm building a new RC airplane, so sneak some work on that in as well.

brent how are you gonna serve that turkey on the RC plane ??? that table needs to be done before thanksgiving remeber:) the maple one...:rofl::rofl:

brent how are you gonna serve that turkey on the RC plane ??? that table needs to be done before thanksgiving remeber:) the maple one...:rofl::rofl:

I was thinking the same thing...

I have my aunt-in-law and her daughter and her brand new grandson on the way for the weekend. Will be a full house...lots of grill time and beers for me. :D Maybe some shop time in there too if it cools off.

Well, vacation time is coming up in a bit, and we are planning on taking some planes up to the Black Rock Desert. I wan't to have one that is really easy to fly so Sharon can do some flying. The plane will probably be done this weekend...

The Table, well, it's on the list :rolleyes:

Well, vacation time is coming up in a bit, and we are planning on taking some planes up to the Black Rock Desert. I wan't to have one that is really easy to fly so Sharon can do some flying. The plane will probably be done this weekend...

The Table, well, it's on the list :rolleyes:

You gonna have a camera on the new plane too?

Boy your list is a long one. ;)

Brent, mount up that Rebel and 500mm lens and you might just get some ocean shots.

Not much going on for us. Mostly hanging out by the pool. Have some friends coming over tomorrow for a b-day party. Might finish getting the heads off the tahoe if it cools down. Need to mow too.

We have a granddaughters 3rd birthday party tomorrow. My grandsons bed is finished so I'll have to deliver it sometime this weekend.

I really need to work on some shop organization projects. I'm thinking of making the mobile foldaway cart shown in this months issue of Wood. It would be handy for my cramped area. I'll probably start that as well as the panel cutting jig and sander stand that Brent made. It's supposed to be a rainy few days so I'll get a pass form all the yard work.

Good luck on the guilding Butch. I'd love to see how it turned out :thumb:

FINALLY getting started on the TV cabinet, date night tonight with LOML, farmer's market tomorrow morning, kids over for the last pool day of the season, church, and..... oh yeah, shop time!

Finish install on the armoires Saturday. Going to do a little shop organization (hahaha) over the weekend after that and then get ready to start my new job as a school bus driver on Tuesday.

finish the shop floor tiling and put the door insulation on, and Im ready to start woodworking again.(the contrator went on vacation so the kitchen is 95% finished, Im still not able to finish the painting in there)
Today is a mental health day. Top down on the convertible, and Im going to stop and smell the coffee today.

my wife just told me shes going to help me finish off the shop flooring tomorrow to save my back a bit. woooohooooooo,for my back.

this will be the first time she will be spending more than 2 minutes out there with me.

I'm trying to modify a muzzle loading target rifle my wife used to shoot to suit me. I can't lift my old regulars anymore and now need a lighter gun.
Tomorrow I'll go up to my muzzle loading club and help out with the rendezvous and shoot they are having. I won't be able to shoot but always nice to commiserate. I'll probably miss the Arkansas Razorbacks season opening game on TV. Sunday, church then chill or do yard work.