2 different pieces

John Ryan

1st one. This is purple heart and cherry 10insx7ins finish is wood wax 22.

Idea for this came from an article in the woodturing magazine, (can not remember the turner:dunno:) Oak split bowl 7insx4.5insx5ins finish is scorched and lime waxed with 2 more coats of paste wax.

Attachments

• 3teirpurpleheart&cherry.jpg
    3teirpurpleheart&cherry.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 58
  • oakthing.jpg
    oakthing.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 52
  • oakthing2.jpg
    oakthing2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 57
Thank you for your comments:). Paul the parts were glued together with brown paper inbetween them it was then turned, pegs were turned and assembled, after a lot of sanding to clean glue and paper off.:):)

Thank's for your comments:) Rob I put a screw chuck in the top then I trued up the bottom and slightly dished it, a scrap bit of wood was hot glued to it and turned a tenon on it. Placed in chuck then turned the bowl :):).

I'm going to be differant. I like the first one. Maybe because I have wanted to make one for a long time. Someday I might get around to it.
Dennis

Jonathan, I think it may be a good project it is both a functional and decorative piece:):)
Dennis I like the contrast between the cherry and the purpleheart. Holly would have been my first choice but had to work with what I had.:):) Thank you all for your comments.