sunlight??

I don't know what plagues you there in Sacramento, but I hope you get double this year.

I know - you're plagued by ex-Silicon Valley types buzzed out on Starbucks coffee. Well, I hope your sister marries one :rofl::wave:

Too Late! My DAUGHTER married a "tattooed freak" whose mother is a witch (well actually she is a Shaman). But you never know. They have been married for 5 years. Our other daughter married a "nice guy" and turned out he sleeps with ANYTHING with two legs and they were divorced in two years. :huh: :huh: :huh:

Ain't life fun.

Might I suggest installing as many 4' dual bulb flourescent fixtures as the ceiling will hold [a minimum of 50 is required, although more is better]. Go to HD, or other convienent supply house, and purchase bulbs with the DX or Daylight designation. Another way to determine brightness is the designation of Kelvin units. DX or Daylight will be 6500K. This is a true WHITE light and will most mimic the sun.

If you install at least 50 fixtures, with two bulbs in each fixture, you will have 100 bulbs @ 40 watts each. That's 4000 watts of light. Just a few watts shy of the sun. Of course more fixtures, more bulbs equals more light. Be one of the few in Michigan to keep that all year tan. :thumb: I guarantee you'll see things you've never seen before. :eek:

WARNING!!!! Be sure and use a sunblock. :eek:

Hope this helps with your problem Larry. If I may be of further help, please don't ask. ;) :D

That's my $1.398 worth of Sunday free advice.

Karl

Another way to determine brightness is the designation of Kelvin units. DX or Daylight will be 6500K. This is a true WHITE light and will most mimic the sun.
[snip]

Hope this helps with your problem Larry. If I may be of further help, please don't ask. ;) :D

That's my $1.398 worth of Sunday free advice.

Karl

Now how is Larry going to get any work done with 6500 Kelvins looking over his shoulder ?? And they'll probably drink all his beer too :eek: And wherever Kelvin goes he brings his girlfriend Lumens - no end of trouble between those two ! Nope - he'd be better off working in the dark. :wave:

i'll second Ian, north facing bank of windows for nice diffuse light. That or a couple of those snazzy light tubes. Solatube

The solatube is OK, but the better solution is from Sun Pipe out in Elgin Ill.

Sunpipe comes in large diameters, and long tube lengths. I have there 16" pipe running around 20 ft. to the hole in the roof. On a bright day the bathroom looks like some one turned on multiple halogen work lights. A really good product.

Hey Ian

I like your signature comment.

**The best definition of a gentleman is a man who can play the accordion -- but doesn't. -- Tom Crichton**

Paul Harvey once said the same thing about a bagpipe.:)

I like your signature comment.

**The best definition of a gentleman is a man who can play the accordion -- but doesn't. -- Tom Crichton**

Paul Harvey once said the same thing about a bagpipe.:)

I've heard that too, but with my scottish blood I could never say a bad word about the pipes :) I will admit, however, that they're best enjoyed outdoors at a reasonable distance. :D

I've heard that too, but with my scottish blood I could never say a bad word about the pipes :) I will admit, however, that they're best enjoyed outdoors at a reasonable distance. :D

i knew we had a connection,, we might have the same tartan. pretty good huh fwr hiick:) as for ther light tubes what a 16" and 8ft tube run approx jist fer comparison to a sky light ken?

Which clan do you belong to, Larry? I read the bit in the avatar thread that mentioned your daughter's wedding and your scot's ancestry. Where I grew up - Cape Breton Island - there were plenty of scots, but I never met a Merlau or even heard of the name.