Highboy

Dennis Ford

I do mostly lathe work now but occasionally do other types of woodwork. This highboy has been "in progress" in my shop for way too long. Now it is waiting for the finish to cure before being moved into the house. Too many hand-cut dovetails to count. I will replace the knobs on central drawers with something that matches better. Plenty of mistakes but it is done!

Attachments

• highboy.jpg
    highboy.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 72
Wow i agree with Allen. You done yourself proud there Dennis.

Did you make everything. There is great detail to the unit.

Legs, top carving and more.

Any chance you got more pics and some of the draws and build.

Just being greedy. One is just enough to wet the appetite.;)

Thanks for sharing it.

Pretty good for a woodturner. :p

Beautiful work, Dennis. :clap: If there are any mistakes in it, they sure aren't apparent in the photos.

Thanks for the kind words. When I mentioned mistakes, did not mean to imply that I am not proud of the highboy.

This appears to be a complex piece but most of the components are easy enough to make, it is just a matter of putting them all together. The curved molding at the top is by far the most difficult item. I used a router to hog off most of the waste but had to carve the finished profile. The drawer sides are poplar, the drawer backs are cedar, the drawer bottoms, back panel and crown panel are plywood, everything else is red oak.

Rob; I did make all of the parts except the pulls.
Rich; This is for personal use.

Here are a couple of additional pictures.

Attachments

• detail1.jpg
    detail1.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 9
  • detail2.jpg
    detail2.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 8