Time for another cart Done

Chuck Thoits

Some may remember awhile back I whipped up a proto type cart for the donut guy. Well he went ahead and ordered a real one.:thumb: Here is the start of the "Crack Mobile" version 2.0 as I have dubbed it. Donut Crack on wheels.:thumb:
The first one was slapped together out of pine shiplap and bike wheels just to see if it was going to be a worth while investment. Well he made enough with "The Crack Mobile" in the first event to pay for the second one.:thumb: Once this one is done I will get the first one back and tweak it a bit and see if I can sell it to the brownie lady.
Version 2.0 is made from soft maple and will have oak spoked wheels that have yet to be ordered.:thumb:
You can see a pic of the first one here http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23623

Attachments

• tn_cart 2 001.JPG
    tn_cart 2 001.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 103
  • tn_cart 2 002.JPG
    tn_cart 2 002.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Cool idea Chuck i also missed the first one. I like the idea of using forks from a bike. That should be easy to get around here the way bikes get put out in such good condition.

What you thinking of finishing it in? I am thinking outdoor waterproof ??? Or no need.

Cool idea Chuck i also missed the first one. I like the idea of using forks from a bike. That should be easy to get around here the way bikes get put out in such good condition.

What you thinking of finishing it in? I am thinking outdoor waterproof ??? Or no need.

The bike forks are a cool idea. (The 2 kids that fell of them bikes didn't think so):rofl: But the method that I used to install them was to say the least not so good. It did the job but what happens when you load up the cart is the forks flex and let the tires rub. Prolly wouldn't have happened that way if I had installed them so the load was straight down on the fork tube. that's one of the fixes for the brownie lady. :thumb:

As for the finish that is all up to the donut girls. It will have a base color of like a teal and be all lettered up. :thumb:

I will second that remark Vaughn. Come to think of it there are many people like that here. Thats what makes this place special.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I don't remember the first one either. Didn't go back to see if I had commented on it though! When I saw this one on the bench, I thought it was upside down. Would it make it to heavy to put the deep side behind the wheels? Sure would help with visibility and not being top heavy. :dunno::huh:

I don't remember the first one either. Didn't go back to see if I had commented on it though! When I saw this one on the bench, I thought it was upside down. Would it make it to heavy to put the deep side behind the wheels? Sure would help with visibility and not being top heavy. :dunno::huh:

It's right side up on the bench Johnathan That deep side as you call it is where the coffee goes. If I recall right each pot is 7 gallons so that's 21 gallons of coffee or about 150 lbs.:thumb: The wheels go right under that. To far back and when he fills it up with coffee it would do a nose dive:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

hey chucki made a cart to haul out game and camp supplies with that had motorcycle wheels for the rollors and that worked well no flexing at all and it was loaded heavy..so maybe you can weld up a fram work to hold the forks or use a rear tire from the bikes instead..and ai agree your one of them unque ones:):D:D:thumb::thumb:

I was thinking of cutting the down tube off the bikes and hooking them on the cart. so the cart would load the forks even. right now the cart is hooked to one side of the fork. So one side is ridged and the other side flexes under the weight letting the tire cant off to one side.:thumb:
On the side it would also be best if the wheels come off easy for packing and transport.I think the brownie lady comes to faire in a honda.

hey chucki made a cart to haul out game and camp supplies with that had motorcycle wheels for the rollors and that worked well no flexing at all and it was loaded heavy..so maybe you can weld up a fram work to hold the forks or use a rear tire from the bikes instead..and ai agree your one of them unque ones:):D:D:thumb::thumb:

Hey Larry is this what your cart looked like. ?????:rofl::rofl:

Engishsmall_000.JPG

The back has spots for cup both hot and cold cup lids sugar and cream straws and napkins.
No fancy joints on this it's all glued and screwed.:thumb:
the top has 2 doors to get the coffee in:thumb:

Attachments

• tn_cart3 002.JPG
    tn_cart3 002.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 37
  • tn_cart3 003.JPG
    tn_cart3 003.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 38
  • tn_cart3 004.JPG
    tn_cart3 004.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 35
how wide are those baords on the top pieces chuck looks to be two boards glued up one WIDE one and then a narrower one around 6" if that just two boards that looks to be some good cherry:)

how wide are those baords on the top pieces chuck looks to be two boards glued up one WIDE one and then a narrower one around 6" if that just two boards that looks to be some good cherry:)
It was one about 10" and a 6" now it is 3 about 4" the one big board had a slight twist to it and one of the lids didn't set flat so they got ripped down and glued back up last night.:thumb:
And it's soft maple:thumb: I wouldn't make it out of good cherry just to have them paint it:doh::doh::thumb::rofl::rofl:

More cart pic now it is siting on the bottom. The top is not going to be fastened to the bottom for better packing. The white in the back is going to be and ice chest with a drain hole in the bottom.

Attachments

• tn_more cart 001.JPG
    tn_more cart 001.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 40
  • tn_more cart 002.JPG
    tn_more cart 002.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 41
  • tn_more cart 003.JPG
    tn_more cart 003.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 40
Chuck whats this unit weigh now? and then when loaded?

Spacing between those shelves for the condiments seems pretty low would a fold out shelf not have been better?

I am thinking thats on heavy piece and its gonna run on bicycle wheel width tires? In areas where you guys hold faires that are typically what camping fields out in nowhere?

Stus loaded bike trailer runs on asphalt or paved surfaces.

I am just thinking the crowds you guys have at these faires all wanting a drink and trying to access the milk and sugar all the time what volume of throughput can be handled.

I went out and gave it a heft fells like it's in the 200 pound range toss in the coffee around 150 pounds and through in another 100 for ice and what not. Looks like it will be just under 500 pounds when its loaded up ready to roll. Good thing the wheels are rated for 600 pounds:thumb: A lot of where we vend has good dirt paths or tar roads. Mostly fair grounds and the like. we do have some that are in fields but those events 1 donut guy don't go to. 2 if he did go he would not need the cart the crowed is way to small and the even sites are to small for a roving cart that can't get out of site of the main booth.:thumb:
Now Jamie will leave the shop with around 200 cups of drink So far I have never seen him with any more than 4 people ordering at one time and 1/3 of that drink is cider so no sugar or cream. In the top shelf's he can load up with cream and sugar and does not have to have room for 200 cups worth the storage in between the ice chest and the coffee room will hold more than enough over stock.