Just to keep our forum internationally balanced......

Rob Keeble

Ruby World Cup Started today down in New Zealand. Thats the small country (island) south east of Australia for those not familiar with the name. They happen to be one of the top tier Rugby countries and while Chas might choke with me saying this :) i personally think they may be the best.

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com

For Canadians TSN 2 is broadcasting the whole event and whooo hoo live.

So Chas you think any Uk teams have a chance????

I guess someday you guys in the USA will put a team together and participate just as you did with Soccer. ;) Just takes you a while to catch up with the World eh???

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

When we visited NZ 2 1/2 years ago, we were forced to bring back some "All Blacks" sports wear for our youngest son and other dental students at University of Texas - Houston......

Rugby is definitely a big sport there.

First i apologize to all of you in the USA you do have a team in the World Cup now we gotta see if they can beat Canada.:) Sincere apologies my bad.

Score 17 - 16 South Africa versus Whales.
Was worth getting up at 4am.
Tough game not the best. New Zealand plays my preffered kind of game, but good looking Rugby does not mean you win.

South Africa are the defending champions honestlly they did not look like champs this morning. They were very nervous I thought Whales played the better rugby game.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Keeping you abreast of the RWC sorry to say that they ended up having USA play Ireland in their first round.

Score Ireland 22 USA 10

I dont think thats bad at all given that Ireland is one of the core Rugby playing nations.

No rugby for a few days.

Here are the standings if you like to see all the pools and results

http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/home/standings/index.html

Canada has yet to play.

We play Tonga first which is somewhat of a blessing in disguise although after their performance against New Zealand i am not sure.

At least its not New Zealand. That would have us being a sure loss.:(

Hey Stu if you get to see this is there much coverage of the Japanese team participating over there in Japan?

They put up a fine performance against a top rugby country like France. There were quiet a few Japanese supporters there given the numbers that play the sport in Japan. Since its now professional they have recruited some external players to boost their squad.