Take a few minutes and remember

Bob Gibson

9/11/2001

I'm going to take a few minutes out of my day to remember the 3000+ people and their families from all countries who were killed.

My memories of being there that morning on a sales call for some reason have become very private. I do take a moment out of every day to think about the terrible loss of innocent human beings and the extreme heroism of so many.

as I mention every year, a good guy was lost 9-11-2001, Glenn Travers

and just to be crystal clear, thousands of good, brave, hard working americans were lost that day.

our world changed that day, it will never be the same.

Last edited:
I watched a special last night and was both proud and balled my eyes out over seeing the images again. The widows and widowers were amazing on their ability to move forward...let's roll

My mom passed away the next day on 9/12 at the age of 83. I'm pretty sure she would have kicked their butts if she knew what was happening. Just a surreal time for all.

Never forget

Last edited:
I watched it all unfold from a hospital bed in Glendale CA, as I had broken my back in a fall on September 9th. Then for the next two weeks, it was all there was to watch on the three or four TV channels at the hospital. I still remember how amazed I was on the ride home when I saw all the US flags flying. They were everywhere.

Everything did indeed change forever that day.

I woke up early that morning, camped out in Barstow. We were staying at Sharon's mom's house. I hate to say it but we were on death watch. Her mom was on hospice, so we knew it could be any time.

I woke up early that morning. Was going to get some work done. Turned on the TV and shortly after I turned it on I found the news where they were showing the first tower on fire. I watched the entire rest of the day and saw everything unfold live. It was surreal.

The next day I was in Sharon's mom's room as she struggled to pull her last breath. I think she waited an extra day just to not crowd the lines.

I will never be able to forget what happened those days or the emotions that came along with them. I loved Sharon's Mom like she was my own.

I was teaching a high school Biology class. It was first period. The principal came to the door and told me I needed to turn on the television. We watched the events unfold for the rest of the day.

My wife and I woke up to a news report on the radio about a plane hitting one of the WTC towers. The first thing I thought of was the B-25 that hit the Empire State Building in 1945. (No, I wasn't around for that one. :rolleyes:)

I figured the 9/11 hit must have been a similar accident (not knowing about the total absence of fog in NYC). When they reported the second hit, I knew that both had to be premeditated. I turned on the TV and never went in to work that day ... don't think I even called in to say I wasn't coming.

I was running late for work that day and had just gotten on the highway and noticed a lot of cars pulled off to the side of the road randomly. I was listening to a CD, so quickly switched over to radio and heard them describing the second plane hitting the second tower. I got to work and they had a TV setup watching when shortly after the first tower collapsed. We were all told to go home and be with our families for the day.

I remember calling my wife and she had already picked up the kids and was heading back home. We spent the day watching the TV. She had a co-worker that was visiting their home office, which was in the second tower. They believe that she was where the second plane had hit.

Will never forget.

I can remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard JFK had been assasinated.

I can remember where I was and what I was doing on 9/11. I had broken my back April 6, 2001. I was still sleeping on the floor as a mattress was too soft. As I sipped coffee, laying on the living room floor watching "Imus in the Morning", the network interrupted to show the flames from the first tower strike. I called to my wife and as she walked into the living room, we watched in horror as the 2nd plane hit the 2nd tower.

.....as stated.....life as we knew it had or was about to change significantly.

Was on my way to work.....Listening to WABC out of New York....Curtis Sliwa on the radio.....Had just pulled into the parking lot when the second plane hit. I just remember cursing out loud at those responsible.

i woke up that morning, turned on the tv, and there it was. since the sis in law was from queens, i gave her a call at the paint store she worked at, and she said that they were all watching it on tv. i told her that i thought it was some sort of god awful accident. then the second one hit, and she said that she had to go, she had to make calls back home. she sat in front of the tv at home like a zombie for the next 3 days. thankfully, all well with friends and family.