Dang, That Hurt!!

Ted Calver

Staff member
Just had a steroid epidural to try and relieve the pain from this herniated disc. The Doc had me wishing for a bullet to bite a couple of times just putting in the local anesthetic....OK call me a sissy. I immediately went out and loaded (with help) three huge 3" thick marble slabs I found on Craigslist...OK call me a dumb-***:rofl::rofl::rofl: Steroid injection something that might help you Vaughn??

Yeah, the doctor explains these things with hernias also.
After hernia surgery the physician said, "Go on with your normal life, just like you have been." To me that seems like a great way to get another hernia.

I think we need to be a little smarter. You know, levers, split the load, get help, and all of the things guys don't seem to do.

Be smarter than me and be good people.

Enjoy,
Jim

Yeah, the doctor explains these things with hernias also.
After hernia surgery the physician said, "Go on with your normal life, just like you have been." To me that seems like a great way to get another hernia.

I think we need to be a little smarter. You know, levers, split the load, get help, and all of the things guys don't seem to do.

Be smarter than me and be good people.

Enjoy,
Jim

hey this lectuer is coming from a guy that wanted to move his new bandsaw by himself and it weighs more than he does:huh::huh::huh::D

Talk about timely, I'm ready to fire Jarrod again . He's off dove hunting again and I needed to lift a 300 pound credenza and now I'm feeling it. I have 3 ruptured disc 4,5&6 from 30 years ago and I am feeling that stupid lift all the way to my ankles as I write. Looks like I will be woosing out for a few days myself. Take care of yourself.

Must be something to do with the long blond hair. :rolleyes: :p

Just yesterday I saw my orthopedic doc to go over the MRI results regarding my neck, and the steroid epidural was also his suggestion. Looks like I'll be getting set up to do that in the near future, although I may wait a bit and see if the physical therapy gives me any improvement. I've got an assortment of neck problems, primarily degenerated and bulging disks.

I have a friend with a messed-up neck who gets epidural treatments about every 6 months, and she swears by them.

My wife had one of those steroid epidurals while we were still in Houston... they called it pain management... they managed to pain her enough that I heard her yelp all the way out in the waiting room.... :rofl:

In the end all she got out of it was about 25 or 30 more pounds... the steroids made her gain weight which did nothing for her disposition... she had very little relief for the pain she was having...

I have had a dozen of those steroid injections.....They do nothing for me,,,,,Though it feels like someone has an air hose connected to your leg and they are trying to blow you up.....ugh what a feelin'