Met a family member today Picture uploaded (finally)

Tony Baideme

Well, today I got to meet in person with a Family Woodworking member, Kyle Murphy, from Tokyo, Japan. As he is here in Honolulu visiting his family, we had talked on the phone a few times and he checked with me about attending my club, the Honolulu Woodturners meeting this evening. He had a good time getting aquainted with some of the club members and seeing their work up close.

Kyle is a super guy and I enjoyed our meetup, after following his posts about his tools and his new shop. I'm looking forward to seeing him again, or maybe, going to Japan someday to see his place.

Aloha

Attachments

• 101_3824 (600 x 450).jpg
    101_3824 (600 x 450).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Wow that is a nice post, and its a shame it doesn't get as much response as the one on bickering about what defines a family. This seems like what I expected to find here. Congratulations on your meetup..

Man, talk about traveling a long way just to meet a Family member. :D Good to see you two had a chance to get together. :thumb:

Met a family member today

Yes, Kerry, We did have a picture taken, but I am having a little trouble getting it uploaded just yet. Please be patient.

Yeah, it is a long way here, but he came to visit his son and daughter who live here. We only had to drive about 10 miles each to meet and attend the meeting.

Cool...sounds like he'll be back for more visits in the future. :thumb:

Let me know if I can help on the photo issue.

Family visits. It doesn't get much better than that. Each family member I have personally met, feels like meeting an old friend after a long absence. It just feels "right". Good for you two!!

Great story. Sounds like you guys had a great time.
I'm a big fan of Family visits. I hope I have a chance to return the great hospitality I've enjoyed in far off places sometime soon.
Good strong dark roast coffee served here on short notice!:wave:

Last edited:
Met a family member today Picture uploaded (finally)

Well, I finally got the photo to upload. Thank you all for your patience.

Aloha.

Attachments

• 101_3824 (600 x 450).jpg
    101_3824 (600 x 450).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 15
Met a family member today Picture uploaded

Uh, please disregard that old codger on the left. Heh heh. :rofl::rofl:

Glad I finally got it to work and that you enjoyed seeing it. :thumb:

Aloha

Ya know, I don't think I have ever seen a photo of a family meet and greet that the participants in the photo aren't smiling. Even Larry cracks a grin in the photos of him and others!:rolleyes::rofl: Doing something right here FWW!:thumb: Great photo, sounds like a great time, hope you two get to do it again sometime with some shop time added in. :thumb::thumb:

It was a pleasure to meet Tony and his friends at the Honolulu Woodturning Club. They certainly are a fine group and do some pretty impressive turnings. Like many who have posted previously, meeting Tony did not seem like the first time. It was like we had been friends forever and just had not met recently.

Just another great reason to come to Honolulu more often, grandchildren, children and friends. Thanks Tony, I really enjoyed our time together and look forward to having the opportunity to in the future having a few brews together and maybe even doing some turning instead of only talking about it. Although I think the brews and the turning should not be done together.