Friday 9/16 Edition

Friday again gang. What's going on in your neighborhood.

Myself, I am off here in just a bit to start cooking for our small town fest. We were just about broke 6 months ago and so far we have raised near $5,000. Lots of ball games and other stuff. I will be there most all weekend. So shop time just ain't going to happen for this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finishing up my shop renovation. I've put up new pegboard, built a fold away workbench, added a rack for all my fasteners, built new shelving, built a mobile cart with drawers for under my ts.

All thats left is to build one more cabinet and clean up the total mess I've made to the basement.

Putting the finish on the top and drawer fronts for the tv cabinet. Boise Philharmonic concert tonight. Will get started on some end tables I'm building for a customer. Probably spend most of that time on the computer playing with shetchup

Just a kick-back weekend for us. Lunch at Red Lobster on Saturday - after LOML and some neighbors do some yard sales. Then I'll make brunch Sunday morning followed by steaks and grilled veggies for supper. :thumb:

Lumber and tool auction for the Northeastern Woodworkers Association on Saturday in Albany, NY. Benefit for the Fiske Educational Fund for which I am a committee member.

Not sure about Sunday. Probably just hang with the wife or work in the yard.

Have a nice weekend!

I'll have my Woodworking/Photography booth at a local festival. I've had this booth for almost 20 years. The past few years it's been mostly a booth to advertise my Photography business but next year I hope to go back to all woodworking crafts. I do have a few pens, pendants, yo-yo's and bottle stoppers to sell.

Finishing up my shop renovation. I've put up new pegboard, built a fold away workbench, added a rack for all my fasteners, built new shelving, built a mobile cart with drawers for under my ts.

All thats left is to build one more cabinet and clean up the total mess I've made to the basement.

I hope you have enough peghooks to make that pegboard worth the effort to install it.

I made my way down to Newport Rhode Island yesterday for the Lie-Nielsen tool event. This was my first ever. It was great to see and use so many different tools. I got to see a couple of really good demos as well. The sharpening demo was well worth it alone. I even spent a good amount of time speaking with one of the presenters about woodworking in general not just about LN tools. All in all it was a great time and well worth the trip even if I wasn't able to buy any of their tools (just not in the budget right now).

It was a long one Steve. I blew out my back last weekend been trying to work around it but it is very painful. Standing all Saturday at a neighborhood reunion for the kids from the 60's. I saw best friends from way back when it was great. But then Sunday I was incapacitated and resigned to staying in taking drugs (which I hate) and one good thing came out of it all, I painted. It's hard to find the time right now and my back being out is the best reasons I can find to paint.

Get to feeling better Dave. :wave:

Was a long weekend here too, but good. Finally got the head off the tahoe and found it was a blown gasket. Will still clean it up good and dye check it for cracks, but looks good so far.

My 8 year old niece ran her first 5k Saturday, so went to cheer her on. My wife got her some flowers and gave them to her at the finish line.

I hope you have enough peghooks to make that pegboard worth the effort to install it.
Installing pegboard is a snap - especially if it's put up when the shop is being built. I attached my pegboard directly to the wall studs, which I have on 16" centers. It was no more trouble to install than many other products.