New tool to add to the collection

Rob Keeble

For those of you that have the Narex set or sets of Chisels you may wish to get in on this deal from Lee Valley.
I stopped in yesterday and picked up my set, have wanted a set of skew chisels for sooooo long.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=67766&cat=1,44047&ap=1

Oh and currently L.V. has free shipping in play for orders over$ 40.

While i am at it i got to handle first hand the new adhesive backed rubber they are selling for being able to make your own bench pucks and its great stuff. Ken if you see this, its the perfect material to line your tool draws with to prevent tools from rolling all over when opening a draw. I would think it could serve a number of good purposes in tool chests to protect things such as totes and knobs on planes and the likes from being rubbed as in wood on wood by brackets used to secure them.

Man a trip to L.V. is good for the soul. You really dont get better customer service than them.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Looks like a nice bargain for the pair...Thanks Rob & I see that free shipping is good for another 10 days or so :thumb:

That liner looks good compared to the stuff I bought, I found some of that perforated tool box liner which works fine, especially 'fine' for my cheap ways :D
it's not self adhering, but definitely cheaper;) Thanks again for the heads-up!

I got mine last week. They seem to be as well made as the morticse chisels - which is to say, very good. Flattening the backs took about ten minutes per chisel, and then a honing pass on the Tormek was all that was needed.