Past Volunteers

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
The list below are all who have volunteered to Moderate FWW. Not all won, but they stepped up and offered. I think they all deserve a big THANK YOU! :thumb:

Ad de Crom
Alan Bienlein
Art Mulder
Bill Arnold
Bill Lantry
Bob Gibson
Brent Dowell
Cecil Arnold
Chris Hatfield
Chris Mire
Cynthia White
Darren Wright
Dave Richards
Don Baer
Duncan Cheslett
Frank Fusco
Frank Pellow
Gari Biasillo
Glenn Bradley
Ian Barley
Jay Caughron
Jeff Bower
Jeff Horton
Jim Bradley
Jim DeLaney
Jim Niemi
Joe Blankshain
John Bartley
John Downey
Jonathan Shively
KaLea Thoits
Ken Werner
Larry Merlau
Matt Dunlap
Nancy Laird
Ned Bulken
Patrick Anderson
RDavid Jones
Rob Keeble
Robert (Shaz) Schaubhut
Sean Wright
Stephen Bellinger
Steve Ash
Steve Clardy
Steve Southwood
Stuart Ablett
Tod Evans
Tom Niemi
Vaughn McMillan

This list is from 2007 forward, sorry if I missed any original mods, let me know if you know of any others and I'll add them to the list. :wave:

Last edited:
Thanks to every one of them, and, sorry to see, there are a few names in this list that no longer contribute regularly. Hope they are all doing well.:wave:

some of the missing rennie are fro doing the job of mod work and having the thoughts and internal stress cause more trouble than they felt it was worth.. and thanks to all of the ones that volunteerd.. a small fraction of the total membership:(

Im a bit curious, what level of computer skills are required to do moderating?

Typing, being on the board on a regular basis, being able to think with your head and not your heart (at times). It isn't a bad thing until times like the present. If you have a good group and they are all involved, smooth as glass.

That's the whole list by the way. It isn't hard Allen, you could do it.

Im a bit curious, what level of computer skills are required to do moderating?

Allen if you can do almost anything on the WWW you can handle the computer part. It is easier than sending an e-mail.

I am extremely glad that I volunteered. I put it off for several years because life is so full. I wish I had not put it off. As a moderator you get to know people much better than you do as a member.

It does take some time each day that you can give the time. By that I mean if you are ill or off on vacation nobody is going to think a thing about it. It is also OK if you just plain don't want to do it today; but hopefully that is rare.

It moves along smoothly and you have good interaction with the other mods. This "religion" thing is a different, and thank gosh rare, thing. I have spent a couple hours or more on that subject each day. I did not have to spend that time. However, I thought it was important enough to spend the time.

I strongly recommend it and I am not the type that spends time in front of a computer for fun. I am never bored and I am not looking for other things to do. I don't belong to You-tube, etc. I have plenty to occupy my mind and my time. I am still very glad that I did it. Again, I strongly recommend it.

If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to ask here or PM Jim C Bradley.

Enjoy,
Jim

I am retired and have tons of extra time.
I have no problem putting my name into the voting pool. I read alot here and would not mind donating some time. I dont have to worry about getting up for work or children.

Ive been reluctant because my computer skills are very poor.
As long as my vision pops back in before next election, Ill put my name in.

That's quite a list, Darren. On a percentage basis, it's pretty small, but it's still pretty impressive, and it reads like a Who's Who list.

Hey, you missed me. :huh: I was a moderator in 2006 and in 2007.

Frank Who? :p Yeppers, you've been backstage more than once as I recall. :thumb:

Darren, your list is a bit incorrect, though. I've never volunteered to be a Mod. (Too much fun flipping switches as an Admin.) My name probably showed up in the database because of some late-night testing or something. :dunno:

Yes Vaughn, and I've been away from the stage for long periods more than once as well. But, it's a good stage and I am back again.

:thumb:

The fact that it has remained a good stage all these years is a sign you and me and all the others might have been on the right track when we put it all together, huh? ;)