A Few Mission Pieces..

Gary Zimmel

Here a few pics of some mission/ arts and craft pieces that I have done in the past.
Most of our furniture in our home is QSWO that is mission style.
I have found the more furniture I build for our home, the higher my tool budget has become... :D
The first two are a sofa table and a king size bed, blanket chest and night tables.

sofa table 002.jpgmission bedroom 006.jpg

Coffee table with end tables in living room.

coffee table 014.jpgcoffee table 001.jpg

Morris chair and otto.

Morris chair and ottoman 267.jpgMorris chair and ottoman 152.jpg

Morris chair and ottoman 269.jpg

And one of the QSWO mailboxes I have make for my wife to give to her friends to hang in riding arenas she rides in.

mailbox 1.jpg

Hope everyone is having some good shop time.

Last edited:
Great stuff Gary. Love the ray fleck in the QSWO. That locking 'mailbox' is a winner for public areas; I may steal that . . . er, I mean draw inspiration from that piece. Thanks for sharing your work

Thanks guys.
Darren the sides of the drawers were left natural. The white oak darkens even with a little poly on it. If you look at the drawers in person the sides of the oak are a little lighter than the stained fronts.
Hard thing about this was staining the fronts and not having it bleed on to the sides... If I remember I put a coat of poly on the sides first to seal the wood.

The stain color on all the pieces except for the bedroom is Early American. Bedroom was done in a dark walnut stain.
Being a terrible photographer gives me the different shades in the pics...;)
As for the QSWO there is a lumber guy up here that gets some pretty nice stuff.
Every time he gets a lift he gives me a call and I go through it and get the sweet pieces.
I guess you can't have to much nice white oak.

Last edited:
The stain color on all the pieces except for the bedroom is Early American. Bedroom was done in a dark walnut stain.
Being a terrible photographer gives me the different shades in the pics...;)
As for the QSWO there is a lumber guy up here that gets some pretty nice stuff.
Every time he gets a lift he gives me a call and I go through it and get the sweet pieces.
I guess you can't have to much nice white oak.

lucky you on the sorting lifts:D:thumb::thumb: and for the finishing you just stained it early american no dye or any other finish in the mix???

Fantastic pieces Gary. Of all furniture styles i think mision is my favorite. I also like your choice of hardware those lie flat pulls suit it very much inmho. Thank you for sharing your work.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk