1st tea pot

I've been looking at the tea pots that Mike and Cynthia Gibson make.Every time the wife sees them she says when you gonna make me one. She does have about 12 tea pots all ready, just don't have a wooded one. Well this is my attempt at getting out of the dog house.:rofl: it's about 4 x 7 1/2, danish oil and multi coats lacquar. lacquar has been knocked down with steel wool. She says the handle is to small, so i guess i'll have to try again, just not right away.;)
Stevel

Attachments

• 021 [800x600].JPG
    021 [800x600].JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 024 [800x600].JPG
    024 [800x600].JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 026 [800x600].JPG
    026 [800x600].JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 55
well steve you have spoiled her because that is sweeet!! the whole thing is great looking. and she wasnt gonna use it as tea pot anyway:) so the handle size shouldnt matter:) the burning detail is spot on and the little top with the darker wood is agreat combo:D:thumb::thumb:

one other thing you got the picture taking down as well now great photos

That's awesome, Steve. :clap: I really like the burned details, and the form of the spout really caught my attention, too. (In a good way.) And the Ambassador's right...great photos, too. :thumb:

I really hate to argue with your wife. However, since I am a loonnggg ways away from you, I shall do so.

I LIKE THE HANDLE. Aesthetically it is great. On a real pot it would be a knuckle burner. However, its main purpose is to live on a shelf. So I like the handle.

Enjoy,
Jim

Actually, I really like the entire pot.

Well done Steve :thumb::thumb:

The question is, do I show this to my wife so I can justify getting the tools to make one myself? Or do I not show my wife, because once I get the tools she'll keep bugging me to make one? :doh:

Well done Steve :thumb::thumb:

The question is, do I show this to my wife so I can justify getting the tools to make one myself? Or do I not show my wife, because once I get the tools she'll keep bugging me to make one? :doh:

Matt you do like me and keep putting her off till you end up in the dog house.:rofl: Then you better get out there and give it a whirl
Thanks all it really wasn't that bad making this just a little time and effort.

Stephen, that is a really nice looking piece. I wonder what that would look like with some of that "rust" type finish that I've seen. I think it is a finish that actually has some metal properties to it and it "rusts". This one looks great just as it is though. I bow.:bow: :bow: :bow: