Nearly 'New' DP

Ned Bulken

I actually Bought this DP about 14 years ago, from a friend of my father's for $50. It moved to Bridgewater with my parents 13 years ago, and I just re-claimed it last night so I could do some more scrolling.

attachment.php

I'm off to rearrange the back porch since it looks like my old shop... and I want to turn over a new leaf. (try to anyway)

Attachments

• drill press.jpg
    drill press.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 69
Cool. :thumb: I see that one has the threaded depth stop. I like those better than the ones where the depth stop is on the handle side of the quill.

Ned I have EXACTLY the same model. Works fine except the threaded depth gauge always gets loose on me. Besides that, I have had it for about 10 years and keeps chugging away.

Use it in good health:thumb:

Ned I have EXACTLY the same model. Works fine except the threaded depth gauge always gets loose on me. Besides that, I have had it for about 10 years and keeps chugging away.

Use it in good health:thumb:

It's a fine little beastie isn't it?

Here's what the back porch, er temporary shop looked like before I started the clean up:
8c533476.jpg

and here it is after the cleanup:
a8919c98.jpg

5c83256f.jpg

eventually I want to set up the midi as well, but I'm still 'holding out' and hoping that the midi and indeed most of my tools will be out in the shop about 8' to the left of the last image... in the meantime, it is Great having a little bit of shop to work in.

The condition of your shop was pretty clean before the clean up. I told my oldest that if she wanted to go the movies in Daytona with her friends she had to vaccuum up the floor before she left.

I should have checked it before she drove away......looks like she moved the shavings from one side to the other.:D

Ahhh Kids.

Ned, how do you like the Delta scroll saw?

Ned,

I'm glad you and your Craftsman friend are re-united. It should serve you well.

I didn't know you came to my shop to take shop pictures for your thread. You should have rang the door bell and said, "Howdy."

Enjoy,

Jim

Jim, that was one quick trip if I shot your shop and then got back here LOL :rofl:
The condition of your shop was pretty clean before the clean up. I told my oldest that if she wanted to go the movies in Daytona with her friends she had to vaccuum up the floor before she left.

I should have checked it before she drove away......looks like she moved the shavings from one side to the other.:D

Ahhh Kids.

Ned, how do you like the Delta scroll saw?

Dom,
It works very well, bit of a pain considering it has the weird wrench with the guide stick tool for securing the blades. However it is 'bulletproof' otherwise. VS so I can go slow or really make the sawdust fly.

I really 'want' a dewalt one of these years, but this does the job for the time being.

Jim, that was one quick trip if I shot your shop and then got back here LOL :rofl:

Dom,
It works very well, bit of a pain considering it has the weird wrench with the guide stick tool for securing the blades. However it is 'bulletproof' otherwise. VS so I can go slow or really make the sawdust fly.

I really 'want' a dewalt one of these years, but this does the job for the time being.

Thanks Ned.....I have my eye on a Dewalt...but those darn things are too much money for the amount of time I use it