Friday 9/23 Edition

We made it to another Friday gang. So what's going on in your neighborhood?

Myself, I predict some quality shop time. Maybe a little football Sunday after services. Also hearing rumors that we are selling off a couple old cows.

I thought Id be done with the house painting stuff by today, but I still have a bit more to do, cant seem to get too motivated to paint walls.
But I will start making my new project in the shop starting tomorrow.

Gotta Install a new (pre-hung) entry door for the garage, then it's back to a more fun project - a couple of Shaker-style oval trays. Got the side bands cut, steamed, and bent yesterday so they can come out of the drying forms today.

Leaves are starting to fall, so there's also some yard cleanup to do.

Looks like my new SN2 may be here in time to have a little turning time in the shop! Have a sports run in the morning then we'll see what the day brings. I really do need to spend some time getting re aquainted with a broom and shop vac in my shop. And give my spray equipment a much needed cleaning...

Friday: Started my day at the YMCA for my usual workout. Will put another panel assembly in my vacuum press shortly. Then, I'll have to dose up with some meds - got a lot of chest congestion this morning - maybe some sawdust will help!

Saturday: LOML and I are driving to Ocala, FL (3 hrs) to pick up some Honduras mahogany for a credenza I'm starting. I'll post about the build soon.

Sunday: The usual routine. I'll prepare brunch, watch the NASCAR Cup race coverage, then fix dinner. Yes, I'm the chef around here! Cooking is another of my "hobbies" - LOML loves it that I cook and she has no problem cleaning up after me! :)

Lunch with some friends today and then back into the shop. I'm nearly done with my TV cabinet, just have to put a finish on the new top glue up. Then I have those two walnut end table to build for a client.

The shop is all reorganized and neat and tidy. Now it's time to get it dirty again.
Making the under bed storage compartment for my grandsons bed and hopefully start on the new router table build.

Need to do some work on the shed. Would be nice to get a roof on it before the rains come...

We live in Nevada....what rain? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now that I'm back home from Chicago, he's allowed to work on the roof.

Plans to clean up the garden a bit, hoping to get some last tomatoes and other before the first freeze.

Get the camper ready so we can go fly planes next weekend. And of course werky-werk and NASCAR on Sunday

Heading out for another Boy Scout campout this afternoon. Hoping to get away before 60,000+ fans start fighting their way to the BYU football stadium.

'Course, maybe the crowd won't be so big after last week's 7-turnover blowout, worst-ever loss to the in-state rival. :(

Work tomorrow and paint on Saturday I'm not sure which Church service I will attend yet , Saturday evening of Sunday morning, I need to see how the wolf progresses and where I am with painting. A good stopping and starting point will factor in on that. I still have not bought my hunting lic so not sure when I will hunt. But it dose not look like this weekend.

Am I allowed to say, I'm going to church ? I feel that the political correctness patrol my be offended {and Lord forbid I do that.} Sorry figure of speak, is that allowed ?

Last edited:
Saturday I'm planning to head over to Harbor Freight and see what inexpensive ideas I can come up with for a mobile drum sander table. I need a place to put it and a way to move it around. I'm thinking of doing something that'll use a Ridgid Hercu-Lift I have laying around.

Since Harbor Freight is just up the street from Rockler, I'll probably go by there to pick up some ebony for an urn I'm making for my ex-wife's deceased dog. (She and I are still good friends. Heck, even my wife likes her.) :p

I've also got some large pieces of pine that need to be cut into blanks, so I hope to spend some quality time with my chainsaw this weekend. I'm gonna try turning some of it, and if it's not worth the trouble, the neighbors will get some nice large pine firewood. ;)

Sunday looks like I'll be meeting up with a local turner from the Woodturner's Resource forum to show him the differences between a dry grinder and a Tormek. And of course the usual yard and house stuff.