Family member visit

Think of picture #2 and I will tell you a true story. Ken was the junior member of the pharmacy near my office in Ontario, Calif. This was back in the days when the chain drug stores were the rare item.

Anyway, Ken was a pharmacist (and really handsome) and quite nearsighted. He wanted contact lenses. This was back in the days before soft lenses and when a person wearing contact lenses was an oddity. Ken and I gave each other presents at various holidays. Most of them I could not mention on FWW without being censored. (Just wanted you to know Ken's personality.)

Well to cut to the chase: I made Ken a pair of mirrored contact lenses. I'm pretty sure no one had done that before---probably not after either. Well he had eyes that sort of looked like the dog in pic $2.

Now what is really interesting is the public reaction. Remember no one probably had a thought about contact lenses because they were so uncommon. A customer would walk up and say, "Hi Ken." and then they would slowly start to back away. Back away like people do during flu season when someone has the sniffles.

They would slowly back up about 3 to 4 feet. Well the long and short of it was that we presented this to a TV program called Candid Camera. The long and short of it was that we went through the routine with CC. However, they went off of the air before Ken got to smile at the world through chrome colored eyeballs.

The customers really did not get the science fiction response that they would from the Body Snatchers or anything like that. They just got the Gesalt that something was wrong. We questioned some of the people that backed away. They didn't even realize it was chrome eyeballs. It was just, "Something was wrong."

Enjoy,

JimB

I'm trying to get the Number two dog picture in here.
If one of you gurus can get it in, please do. And Thanks.

Like this? - Vaughn ;)

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
he will be 3 in jan and his name is charlie, ken..last night he had his first night with us and it well.. and this am he went outside and didnt run away so now he is in his crate till i get back home.. dont want a trashed home because he doesnt know where we are or if we are coming back.. any ideas on how to teach him road smarts..he doesnt seem to have a care in the world right now pure kid yet i think.. but he sure does listen.. might now obey completely but listens.. he told us last night while tryun to watch the game that he wanted to play fetch with a rope toy.. he went and got it from the bedroom, it was websters and he brought it out and dropped it in my lap and sat down and a small bark to get my attention so we tossed it a few times and he wasnt done ..he finally got he drift that i wanted to watch the game for awhile..and settled down..:D so we made it threw the first evening,, now to see how it goes when i get home from work:huh::huh::D

Webster's gone? How did I miss that? I'm so very sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and Randi.

Buddies.jpg
Looking forward to meeting the new addition someday!

(Thanks to Jonathan for the pic)

Last edited:
yeah but you wernt the one in bed with 80lds of dog on you:):thumb::thumb:

Reminds me of the story Garrison Keiler wrote about a guy who thought he was having a heart attack. First he felt like there was an elephant on his chest, but as he relaxed a little and stopped panicking, it felt more like a large dog.....

Congratulations Larry on the newest edition to your family.;) I am happy for you.

Its the dog i have most desired those golden labs.:thumb:

Lots of training ahead Eh you got the perfect place for a dog. Has the dog had any training in regards duck hunting? Will you take it with on a hunt some day?

Boy Ken thats a great video. They sure have a good relationship. Lots of wise words in that video. When i was younger i should have kept the dog and left the girlfriends. Would certainly have been a much wealthier man today.

Last edited:
well charlie isnt webster,, and last night wasnt a good day in my house hold he has good points and there are the others i saw some others last night and realized just how spoiled we were with webster.. this may be more than i anticipated.. i thought it was gonna be a plug and play,, well its NOT!!!! if i could only take the good times and put them all together

Well, Really sorry to hear about that Larry,

but I reckon it will just take a little time and patience....