Things are picking up

Rob Keeble

Just my attempt to counter the media propaganda that sends everyone wanting to hide under their beds and wait for the storm to pass.

This is an extracted graph from the US census office. Facts speak for themselves. The sky is not falling.

US Manufacturing Corporations Seasonally Adjusted Quarterly After Tax Profits billions of dollar.jpg

Manufacturing in the US seems to be doing much better and looking at Exports and digging through the detail you guys are still feeding plenty of the planet agri exports are up significantly in dollar terms.

Even machinery exporters are doing way better.

You still importing more than you exporting but the tide in certain categories is changing. :wave:

I have the same question as Dave. Who complied the results? There are few sources that I would trust.
Nothing is getting any better from where I sit. Seems like every other factory around here is closed up.

This was a graphic extracted from the U.S. Census Bureau , U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis released on 8th September.

I heard a few words from Jack Welch regarding profits and performance of US companies and did some research to verify what he was on about.

Jobs may not be on the growth path but profits of existing companies are. They are sitting on a pile of cash.

Please dont turn this into a political debate thats not my intention behind posting it.

You can read the full report if you like its at this site for public consumption. I cherry picked something that would provide some light at the end of the tunnel rather than keeping on dwelling on the doom and gloom.

www.census.gov/foreign-trade/Press-Release/current_press.../ftdpress.pdf

not political at all Rob:). I was just curious if it was done by the government, a university or the media.

I know for a fact that car companies, construction product manufacturers, most industrial product companies are not doing too well right now.