CNC Carving the new icarver

Rob Keeble

Been meaning to get this posted for some time.

General Canada have launched the new icarver model

It is going to be on the market for $1999 for December.

http://generalcnc.ca/icarver

I could not post this without some thoughts to go with it.

I know many guys have tried cnc and evenhave one in their shop either home built or bought.

But for those that sell their items etc this could be an addition to allow you to add carving or engraving to your product either as a standard feature to differentiate yourself and products or as a add on service to your customers.

We all are looking to get more for less these days that makes competition intense. Something like this is a pretty low cost to add to an item to give someone that extra boost to buy from you as opposed to another of equivalent offering.

I am afraid i dont know enough about the machine itself to comment on all its possible uses.

Here is a snippet of the press release they sent to me about the unit.

General Proudly Introduces i-Carver 40-913 M1
With the huge success of our first i-Carver (40-915 M1) General introduces the second in the i-Carver series. This machine is build with the same quality as the big sister but with a smaller table size. 13” x 18” x 3” in travel with the same easy to use software package i-Picture as well as a machining operation that can be learned in just a few short minutes. The 40-913 comes complete with software, spindle, tooling and a set of 3D images ready to machine. Simply import any bitmap image and start carving. It is that simple. Ready for delivery in December and priced to sell at under $2,000 ($1,999 in both Canada and the US), the i-Carver 40-913 M1 might look good under your Christmas tree this season.