MMMMMM Deep Dish Apple Pie!

John Pollman

A lot of you may have seen another thread I started a few days ago. I had a physical last week. Doctor ordered some tests that I had done a few days later. Last Friday morning he gave me some terrifying news. After an absolutely horrible weekend, I saw a neurologist on Monday and he said that the diagnosis I was given on Friday was probably incorrect. The neurologist had a bunch of blood drawn for a battery of tests. I'm still waiting for the results from the blood work and I'm going in on Monday for a full spinal MRI. I feel MUCH better after talking to the neurologist, but there's still something going on that he can't figure out yet. I haven't had a lot of work lately and even if I did, the condition may prevent some work so there's not much I can do until they figure out what's going on.

I've been cooking and baking up a storm just to keep my mind occupied. I made an awesome Tuna-noodle casserole for dinner but the dessert was what I couldn't wait for. A while ago I saw an episode of Good Eats with Alton Brown. He had a very good looking recipe for a deep dish apple pie. I made it today and it came out AWESOME! I just thought I'd share a shot of it on here. I wish there was a way to dish up a slice for each and every one of you. :)

apple_pie.JPG

It's times like this that I really wish we had Smell-O-Vision for our computers. Or maybe a button to print our own Scratch-N-Sniff paper. :D That deep dish looks delish. :thumb: