I will Not turn into a hot-house flower...

I lectured in Chicago once in February. We were the first plane in after a snow storm. I don't think it dropped below 40 deg F the entire time I was there. I froze my tail in spite of the cold weather clothes I purchased in Calif. for the trip.

It started snowing as we were taking off to come back to Calif.

I really enjoyed Chicago. One of the men who set up the lecture was from Chicago and we spent a full day roaming the city by car and on foot. I will never forget Picasso's iron horse. That was an absolutely awesome thing to see. I would steal it but it is too big to put in my front yard.

Good luck to you and be sure to keep everything covered.

Enjoy,

JimB

I did an art show this weekend that was in a covered pavilion.. it's a horse arena, so it had a gravel/dirt floor, much like kitty litter, but the wind seemed be funneled through the bard and never got much over the mid 40's... I don't do cold well and think I nearly froze all day Saturday.... Sunday was better, but still nippy... I sure missed the 100 degrees we had in June and July.... Even my wife was cold and she was born and raised just south of Chicago in central Illinois.

Living here on Cape Cod it's the humidity that is the killer. Throughout the fall and winter unless the temps drop into the mid to low 20's the humidity goes right through you. We have days here in February when it is in the low 20's no wind and sunny and you can walk around in a t-shirt or worst case a flannel. Yet at 35 to 40 you cant seem to get warm no matter how many layers you are wearing because it goes right through you.
I feel your pain Ned!:D