Two more mills

Chuck Ellis

Forgot this one... it's also a pepper mills from a board... this is Bubinga from a board I picked up at my local exotic wood importer... next time I have some money... hopefully in this lifetime... I need to go back and look at his eye candy... you can drop a bundle in his warehouse in a hurry. I have 3 pieces of norfolk pine I picked up... need to work on those in the next week or so...

1. Bubinga pepper mill from a board... first and second picture..

2. the second is a piece of slippery elm that a friend offered... it was from the limb of his tree from about 20 feet up the tree... the limb was over 12 or 13 inches diameter from that high up.... not sure what the base of the tree is but it is one honking big tree.... he said it was on some state or national registry as the third oldest tree of it's species in the state of Tennessee... just the one limb was almost 2/3 of a truck load of wood in my little Ranger... third and fourth picture.

Attachments

• 34-1305_0.JPG
    34-1305_0.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 34-1305_1.JPG
    34-1305_1.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 34-1273_0.JPG
    34-1273_0.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 34-1273_3.JPG
    34-1273_3.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 23
Both mills look nice, Chuck. :thumb: I actually prefer the single-wood models like these over the striped ones. But I suspect a lot of your customers have the opposite opinion and like the striped ones better. To someone who doesn't know about gluing wood, the striped ones have a lot more of a "how'd he do that?" factor. ;)