Friday 10/7 Edition

Well Friday again and October, too boot. So what's going on in your neighborhood?

Myself, I have a long weekend, all the way to Oct 17:D Going to try and get some serious shop time. I am sure some farm stuff will get into the way though.

We are off camping.

Thanksgiving weekend for Canadians, Turkey on the spit over charcoal under the lovely falling leaves for me. ;):rofl:

But actually would prefer some time in my shop if i had a choice this year.;)

Playing the part of a single dad this weekend as the wife is out of town for a "girls weekend". No shop time until Sunday afternoon...but looking forward to some father-daughter time for sure!

Fishing on a barge on the Mississippi River at lock and dam #8

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Tonight I'm suppose to help my brother and nephew move a slate top pool table to my nephew's basement. If I survive that I have a small utility table to build for my wife and getting Halloween decorations up around the house. Will be working on walls in the shop and may try to swap out the shop's electrical panel this weekend too.

Oh, Happy Thanksgiving to our neighbors in the north. :wave:

I'll have some shop time today working on our mahogany credenza. (Note to self: Post an update on FWW!).

LOML is going shopping with a neighbor Saturday morning, so I'll be able to get some shop time then, also. I prefer to spend time with her when she's off work, but I'll have some time for sawdust this time.

Sunday will be the usual with me fixing brunch, settling in for the race, then throw steaks on the grill for dinner.

I have four days off as no school today or Monday! Hope to replace the cat in my van and do a few other repairs so I can get my inspection sticker..... I have a strong dislike of working on cars and trucks but considering how much it would cost to take it to a shop.........
Other than that I am going to try an get into the shop for a bit and then dinner at mom's on Monday! Fish chowder and baked stuffed shrimp MMMMMMM!

GLENN IS COMING LATE THIS AFTERNOON FOR THE WEEKEND.

If you know about Glenn and me you realize that the above says it all.

We can get into more fixes, trouble, fun, etc. than a barrel of monkeys.

Make Christmas ornaments. Buy wood at the Saroyan wood yard in San Marcos---Dan is a great guy to purchase wood from. Purchase a new computer for me so this one can go to the shop. Take Myrna out to eat two or three times a day. Finish putting in a new toilet valve (the instructions say push down on the valve by holding the column, not from the top while tightening the nut under the tank. I don't know about you but I would need longer arms or a couple more joints in the ones I have in order to accomplish that.).

The above is for starters. We are both worn out after he is here for a day or three. It is absolutely wonderful!!!

Enjoy,

JimB

Going to mow on Saturday. If I have time, work on levelling out the lathe. Sunday, the LOML and I are going with my sister and BIL to nearby Yatesville Lake. There are some bald eagles that have been nesting in that area the last several years and we are hoping to catch a glimpse or maybe even a few pics.

Shop-wise, I've got the plans drawn and the wood purchased for a drum sander stand, so if things go right, I hope to get that knocked out this weekend. I also have my choice of green wood to turn or dried rough-outs to finish. Somewhere along the way I need to make a couple of key fobs for the guest restroom keys at LOML's new office. I also need to take a bunch of pics of turned stuff that's been finished for a while but never photographed. (Been turning quite a bit, just not photographing much.)

Home Alone...with the critters :chair::chair::eek::eek::eek:

Brent is fishing in Wisconsin. Lots of fall garden/yard cleanup, stacking firewood, general getting the yard ready for winter.

Oh, and sorting/paying bills :(:(

Supposed to be a nice weekend, so gotta take advantage of the outdoors :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Home Alone...with the critters
sniper.gif

Fixed it for you. :D

MIL passed in June. We are in upstate New York clearing out her house. She was a hoarder who wouldn't let us touch a thing when she was alive. So far we have hauled two tons of "stuff" to the land fill and we have a lot more to go. Freecycle, Craigslist, Salvation Army, St Vincent DePaul, Amvets, Hospice all getting a piece of the action. Our home is in an area with thrift and charity stores half the size of a Walmart. In contrast, in this very poor and small town the largest of the charities is Salvation Army and their store is about the size of my living room. We maxed them out early on. Been at it for a week and no end in sight. Thinking really evil thoughts about that old lady:eek::eek::eek: