Battery Pack Re-purpose

Dan Mooney

My wife works for a local charity and when they do fund raisers and such, they have an electronic picture frame that they use for a slideshow to show what goes on at the charity.

The frame came with the standard little powerblock that plugs into the wall, but they don't always have a convienant outlet and wanted a battery option. couldn't find anything available.

I went to Sears and got a 12volt Lithium Ion Battery and charger and came up with this. It runs the screen for about a hour.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BatPack.001.jpg
    BatPack.001.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 58
  • BatPack.002.jpg
    BatPack.002.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 58
  • BatPack.003.jpg
    BatPack.003.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 57
  • BatPack.004.jpg
    BatPack.004.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 57
Details ... we need details!

Two-piece construction? Recess was template routed through the upper piece?

However you did it ... great job on the alignment. :thumb: And a great idea in the first place! :wave:

Details ... we need details!

Two-piece construction? Recess was template routed through the upper piece?:

2 Pieces of 1" thick Mahogany, I cut it out on a scroll saw and fine tuned it on the oscillating spindle sander.

I made the top slightly bigger than the bottom, once I got the holes aligned and drilled in the bottom for the terminals, I glued the two halves together using the battery itself to keep everything in line, and after it dried I trimmed the sides flush.

I routed a groove in the bottom for the wires and LOML is going to cover the bottom with felt or something similar.