A few new images

Ned Bulken

Hi gang,I took an hour or so of driving around yesterday, and I've got a lot more photoshop work to do, but here are a few images that I dragged through gimp yesterday...
e3a3e06b.jpg

near as I can tell, this lighthouse is a 'folly' on a reservoir near Dublin VA.

8b3d5e16.jpg

edited in Gimp

Jonathan, here's the same image... edited in photoshop...
6dbaa568.jpg

612ce824.jpg

52163f60.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all! I'm not getting much if any woodworking done lately, but it sure is nice to get 'something' accomplished, and I 'always' have my Nikon with me. I'm trying to make an effort to get at least a few creative shots per week done... this week I managed a few more than that... will photoshop them this weekend and get them posted. Those were just the tip of the iceberg...

Jonathan, that's actually Not a bridge, it is the flood control gate-head (?) at the top of a large Dam on Claytor lake in southwestern VA.

I spooked this Great Blue Heron and got about 10 shots of him flying off... here are two 'good' ones... a bit blurry, but I was panning and shooting as he went

c0a10a84.jpg

026d864b.jpg

Let me preface the next couple of shots... I'm solely exhibiting my photos, No other intent...

e66b89f8.jpg

1c28e525.jpg

the Sanctuary at the church I was working in this past week.

a better view of the beautiful stained glass:

555bdb54.jpg

another window (I think this one would make a great scrollsaw pattern)

1aa912e6.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work, Ned. My favorites are the flood control gate shots, but there's a number of other good ones in this batch. :thumb:

Nice pictures Ned. I am beginning to have an appreciation for landscape photography myself.

In my area there are lots of old barns, tobacco and implement sheds that are falling into disrepair and starting to fall down. Sometimes they become overgrown with honeysuckle vines and when the honeysuckle is in bloom in contrast to the weathered wood and rusty tin roof I think I should take a picture but somehow I never do.

I don't mean to "gate crash" but here's a hopefully on-topic photo I took several years ago near Porterville, Utah (not far from Morgan):

A520_0132_Porterville_BarnSkeleton.jpg