Antique Shop Finds - 3 Chisels

This afternoon my wife and I decided to stop by some antique shops on the way home. Lo and behold, there were 3 socket chisels strewn about with a bunch of sadly abused hand tools. So I walked away with 3 chisels and a nice file for $10. :thumb:

The one pictured on top is an awesome find. It's a Winchester 3/4" with the original (but painted) handle. The middle one is a 3/4" Keen Kutter which was clearly abused but had no cracks in the socket. It can be brought back to life. The bottom one is a 1/2" Buck Bros. firmer chisel. It's been sharpened many many times, but it's got a lot of life left in it.

Wish I had luck like this every OTHER time I have visited these shops. :D

Hutch

Attachments

• Chisels.JPG
    Chisels.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Hehe, well, it was nothing like last year. :) My piece ended up located in a good venue, but in the worst spot within the gallery. Didn't get a whole lot of attention, and some people didn't even realize it was wood (even though it was on the label). Even so, I am happy to have been able to participate again, and there was some good feedback from those who took the time to stop and look. Thanks!

Hutch