A Year Ago Today....

Stuart Ablett

A year ago today I was recovering at home from my first cancer operation. The doctors at the Jikei Medical University Hospital removed a Superficial Spreading Melanoma from my back, it was about 25mm in diameter and 5mm thick. I went home and waited to hear if it was cancerous. I learned later from one of the surgeons that they basically thought I was a dead man walking, with that large and that thick of a melanoma it was just about a done deal that the cancer would have spread and this particular cancer has a very high kill rate once it metastasizes. Now a year on, I have one heck of an ugly scar on my back, looks like I got hit by a battle axe, not just the run of the mill axe, but a battle axe, and so far I'm still cancer free. It did not spread, and I only had to have on additional operation where they took a LARGE dollop of flesh from my back.
I'm very thankful that I'm still here, and I want to thank one and all for thoughts, prayers and good wishes.

Stu

Yes sir Stu, there are things in our life that make us mark time. I am glad you had good doctors and are here. Greatly enjoy your posts and being able to say I know you. I have a scar on my back from a mole that got the ring around it, told my mother in law I had been shot. She believed that 'til the day she died.

What an anniversary for you Stu. Your family has been through a lot in the past few years. I'm happy for all of your family. I hope you have a good celebration--all of you certainly deserve it. You have my support for the future.