Another item knocked off the bucket list

Rob Keeble

Sitting at my first Rodeo another long awaited event. Hey must be a bunch of rednecks here cause i feel right at home.:) Just a bit disapointed i was not allowed to wear my cowboy hat. Somehow everyone else was, now i am asking SWMBO to go fetch it but she aint biting :):)

Sent from my MB860 using
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Your first? Well, it's about time, Pilgrim. :rolleyes: :D

We raised horses for several years when I was a kid, and I got a chance to spend a fair amount of time back then hanging around rodeos and rodeo people. It's a lot more commercial these days, but the skills and challenges are much the same as always. :thumb:

Yeah guys i got two nice hats one i got in Texas in Grapevine and the other in Harrison Arkansas but i am most frustrated i only get to wear them at home. I thought i would at least be allowed to wear it today but SWMBO would not go if i did.:( What happend to freedom?

Had such a great time I am stuck for words to describe the feeling. All i do know is i gotta get out of the city .........Calgary here i come. :D Either that or i got to get to visit Jonathan soon.

I always loved rodeos. Last one I was at was in Prescott, AZ...supposedly the oldest one in America.

And the John Wayne in you should have said "I think you're bluffin'." or "You're awwwful pretty when you get mad." or "You better start packin' a handgun." or "You better listen." (all from The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah guys i got two nice hats one i got in Texas in Grapevine and the other in Harrison Arkansas but i am most frustrated i only get to wear them at home. I thought i would at least be allowed to wear it today but SWMBO would not go if i did.:(

As they say... Happy Wife == Happy Life

All i do know is i gotta get out of the city .........Calgary here i come. :D Either that or i got to get to visit Jonathan soon.

Hate to break it to you, but Calgary is just another big city. :doh: Maybe you should move someplace a bit closer AND smaller like Aylmer (Ontario - SE of London) or some of the hamlets around Kitchener/Waterloo -- both of those would put you pretty close to Amish country so you could see real working horses just about anytime you want. Of course if Alberta is what you want, then go for it, but don't expect Calgary itself to be that "country"...

Art you correct about it being a city but from my trips there it also has the following......

Them folks wear cowboy hats as a normal part of dress :)
Them folks have the rockies
and i would not move directly to the city but find a kinda place like you mention:)
I do think the Guelph Waterloo etc area is great though.

Darren I think rodeo must be a tough tough way of life. I found it very exciting and entertaining but also a whole lot more to me particularly that frankly i cannot find the words to express.
There is a whole culture involved seeing the relationship these folk have with their animals is quiet something. The horses were very impressive.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

I love rodeos but haven't been to one in a log time. I live about 45 minutes from Pendleton, Ore and have been to the Pendleton Roundup a couple times.

The last Rodeo I went to, not the Pendleton, in the saddle bronc class, the guy come out of the shoot on the horse, the horse bucked about 3 time and fell over dead!! They kept announcing that the horse was okay as about 12 guys lifted it onto the back off a truck and they hauled it off. It took about 15 minutes to clear the horse from the field. The horse never so much as twitched. The horse must have had a heart attack or something.