Ts-Aligner Question

I was interested in acquiring the TS-Aligner. followed the "how to order" instructions on the website. but after a couple of calls and emails there has been no response. Anyone know if Mr Bennett is still providing this tool?

Thanks for the help

Amazon.com shows a few of some of his items available for purchase, but I have no knowledge of Ed's status. On the other hand, I've seen true professionals demonstrate checking the alignment of blade to miter slot and fence to miter slot using nothing more than a combination square. That's all I use now and I don't have any issues.

Thanks Bill.

I did some more searching and although not certain, seems that he may nolonger be pursuing this business. Its a shame as it appears to be a well crafted product. In any case, hope he is well and wish him the best.

On the other hand, I've seen true professionals demonstrate checking the alignment of blade to miter slot and fence to miter slot using nothing more than a combination square. That's all I use now and I don't have any issues.

+1. I agree. For some to go on about figures in thousandths, I say, this is woodworking, not tool and die making. I've only used common shop measuring devices, combo square, framing square, maybe a steel rule, tape measure, and that's about it.

I get great cuts, and the work comes out the way I want.

masterlogo.jpg

movingplane1.gif

+1. I agree. For some to go on about figures in thousandths, I say, this is woodworking, not tool and die making. I've only used common shop measuring devices, combo square, framing square, maybe a steel rule, tape measure, and that's about it.

I get great cuts, and the work comes out the way I want.

Me three. I have watched over the years as Machine shop tolerances have creeped into woodworking. Having worked around machinist and design tooling, dies and machines for many years it is total overkill.

I see people trying to set up wood working machines to closer tolerances than we set up some metal working machines. Anyone with a good understanding gets a good laugh out of some of the comments made. Fact is most woodworkers do not have a basic understanding of tolerances nor measuring methods and make some pretty silly claims sometimes.

Amazon.com shows a few of some of his items available for purchase, but I have no knowledge of Ed's status. On the other hand, I've seen true professionals demonstrate checking the alignment of blade to miter slot and fence to miter slot using nothing more than a combination square. That's all I use now and I don't have any issues.

I was able to re-set the adjustments on my Dad's 1950 gold anniversary series Craftsman Table-saw with just a square. However in the past I had tried the same thing with my 1997 Craftsman table-saw & it was nothing but a struggle until I got the Table-saw Pal set then it was way easier. Adjustment with a allen wrench & lock it with a lock nut before you tighten the trunnion mounting bolt or nut.

This is what I would go with along with a combination square.

http://www.in-lineindustries.com/saw_pals.html

I have aligned a few contractors saw as well as my Unisaw with a combination square. The pals will speed up adjusting a contractors saw because they help to hold the saw in alignment as you tighten up the trunnion eliminating the frustration of tightening the trunnion only to find out it moved while you were tightening it.

Last edited: