Never too old to learn to tie your shoes...

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
So for the past year, my work boots have driven me nuts. They kept coming untied every time I turned around. Last week I was browsing the ted.com site when I came across a video called "How to tie your shoes". Thinking with a sense of humor, "I guess I'm never too old to learn", I went ahead and watched the video.

Turns out I have been tying them wrong all these years. Put my work boots on each day this week, tied them the way explained in the video, and stayed tied the whole time I've worn them...who knew...:doh:

http://www.ted.com/talks/terry_moore_how_to_tie_your_shoes.html

Didn't learn to tie shoes until the fourth grade. Always wore cowboy boots and had high top buckle boots for church (dressier in mom's opinion and not the black rubber four buckle boots!) I create two bunny ears and tie them, don't do that fancy do si doe!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was doing it like Jonathan, the bunny ears, and yes they came undone. A lot.

I tried the new way, and hot dog! it works. Thank you thank you, this is really cool.

Checked. Been doing it right.

Coincidence.The other dayI was remembering the day I finally learned to tie my shoes. I had wanted to go out and play and my dad refused to tie my shoes for me. He sat me down in the kitchen and told me I could go out when my shoes were tied. Took me a little while, but I went out and played.

Guess he'd be guilty of some kind of mental abuse today.:rofl::rofl::rofl: