Friday 10-21 Edition

Ok seeing as it looks like I am stuck doing this:thumb: What's going in your your neighborhood?

Myself, shop time today, been here a couple hours already this morning. Tomorrow, more shop time filled in with a couple party's in the afternoon. Sunday, the usual.

Got some friends coming over for supper and a small tour tomorrow:D (pics to follow) it will start at 5:00am (for me) on the weber for a 12 hour smoke:thumb: Sunday helping another friend with a small desk build:)

Taking off early today and meeting a friend out at the range to do some plinking. Tonight I have another section of wall to tear apart in the shop, will be sealing up the bases and any other mouse entrances and start running wire for new outlets.

Sunday need to clean out the fire place insert and sweep the flue, also need to sweep the flue on the shop stove and put some wire in the cap to keep the birds out.

Need to hit craigs list and find some firewood to have delivered, so guess I need to build a rack for that too.

Friday: Continuing my credenza build. Gotta mill more mahogany and start putting some subassemblies together.

Saturday: Probably a few hours in the shop while LOML performs her version of 'shop' work!

Sunday: The usual - brunch in bed, settle in for the race, ribeyes on the grill for dinner.

Got to take my granddaughter to ballet lessons again tonight:eek:
Actually it's kind of fun. I get to sit with all the young Moms who think I'm so great to bring my granddaughter. If I knew I'd be so popular with the ladies I would of had grandkids when I was in my 30's :D

Saturday is mostly shop time. I'm trying to locate one of those cardboard drums (for free) so I can build a separator on my DC unit.

Sunday is church, dinner and raking leaves and maybe some shop time.

Tonight hopefully picking up a used TS off craigslist then dinner with SIL and BIL...tomorrow my brother and his family will be in town...haven't seen them since Thanksgiving so that will be nice. Sunday will have some shop time, hopefully getting the new to me TS set up.

Final coats of varnish going on to the end tables. Boise Philharmonic tonight, "Tool Time" themed groom party tomorrow, church and the Boise Fall home Show on Sunday. Busy, busy, busy.

got some family coming in and will do some tree work in and around the meal times.. got some good BBQ on sat evening..and the weather sounds like its gonna be perfect for tree work and eating:)

as weird as this sounds, tonight is the first time Im going out to eat at a restaurant since end of aug beginning of sept(dont remember last time)
Ive been under the weather(what else is new), but my niece is celebrating her birthday, and I can go enjoy a dinner with the family.
good news, Ive dropped over 35 lbs, and walk a mile each morning.When I hit 50 lbs lost, Im going to post a picture of just a fat ugly old man, not a really fat ugly old man.
Gonna finish off the dust lines tomorrow, and get to work inside my house.

as weird as this sounds, tonight is the first time Im going out to eat at a restaurant since end of aug beginning of sept(dont remember last time)
Ive been under the weather(what else is new), but my niece is celebrating her birthday, and I can go enjoy a dinner with the family.
good news, Ive dropped over 35 lbs, and walk a mile each morning.When I hit 50 lbs lost, Im going to post a picture of just a fat ugly old man, not a really fat ugly old man.
Gonna finish off the dust lines tomorrow, and get to work inside my house.
Way to go Allen, that is really wonderful!

You are correct, it really is a new lifestyle, a new diet becomes an old diet and you get fat again :doh: DAMHIKT!!

I hope to get some time in tomorrow, Sunday, on the humidor, I have maple to start making some face frames and doors now :D

Well, after a nice bike ride to the farm in Va Friday a afternoon sit in the woods , very good night sleep in the bunk house and now back in the tree reading what othets are up to. If nothing shows well ok no work and I cam take a long country ride home, maybe a today ride. I am thinking of my next painting.

My oldest son and daughter have been visiting. The youngest son is off to college several cities away so I see him rarely. The older boy went back home last night. My daughter is still here which is great; we enjoy each others company but, stay out of each others way. She's working on her masters and I have the shop. I want to try to finish a phase on my current chest of drawers project if I can get through rebuilding my dad's computer, LOML mom's computer, my laundry, my yard and a little housework. :):):)

I threw the step that was posted here a couple of days ago together today. Got one of my screws out of line pretty bad. Used all scrap wood and no finish. Wife likes it, and it will find a home in the camper or kitchen. May throw some shellac or oil on it. Missed drilled one of the holes in a leg and used 3/4 in the dowel instead of 5/8 in a couple of places. My cheap HF bits didn't do the best job on this. This would be a great project for pallet wood ect.. My dowels were a little small and the bit was a little large so it isn't stiff at all like the one in the video..

The original youtube link is here....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWqoPBfUW6M
I had seen it some time ago ...

The dimension he uses is 7.5 inches to the middle hole while the plans posted call for 7.69(?). I used the later and the way the legs sit I think the 7.5 would have been better.. Well the way they sit before I uses a thin piece to mark them and sanded to the line. It sits pretty well now.

Enjoyable Saturday....
Garry

Attachments

• IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0032.JPG
    IMG_0032.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 25