Anyone owns this saw? Any opinions.

I don't have it, but from what I remember that is one solid preforming saw, worth every penny. Don't worry about the rails, if they are too long, just cut them down.

I have the Shop Fox version of that saw and love it. Like Stu said, if the rails are too long they can be cut down. I'm short on space and have considered shortening mine, but the table and extension come in handy for other things than cutting.

Grizzly sold a ton of those 1023's in a few variations, and they had an excellent reputation. I've got a Shop Fox W1677, which is the same as the Griz G1023SL...I've been very happy with it. The BORK aftermarket riving knife will fit this saw. $850 isn't a steal IMO, but it's a fair price on a very nice saw that appears to be in excellent shape. You can always offer less, but I doubt it'll stick around too long.

Motor was made in Nov, 2002, so that makes it about the same age as my Shop Fox clone.

I can't say anything but good things about the Shop Fox - it's been a great saw.

The rails can be cut down to whatever length suits you, so don't let that be a limitation. Same for the extended mobile base and the (particle board) extension table.

BTW, the Shop Fox base the saw is sitting on sells for around $200.00 above and beyond the price of the saw, so overall, $800.00 ain't a bad price. Try for $750.00, though...:D:D

I believe it's the same saw my brother bought last year, and he really likes it. I didnt' use his, but it looks very well built when I saw it.

I dont' know if there has been any changes in the riving knife on that saw lately. The latest version I like, but I'm not sure what an older model had.

Thanks Vaughn. I knew I could count on you.

Jim, I tried but he was not willing to go below $800. I will try my personal charm on him when I meet him. It has never worked before though.

Jeb, this is pretty much the same model minus the riving knife.

Mohammad,
If you get the saw, the Biesemeier splitter for the older model left-tilt Unisaw fits it. I have one on mine, and it's a worthwhile addition.

Well, the seller's final price is $800. He is about 62 miles away. I might drive down there and check it out.

The "bird in hand" scenario comes to mind. What other saw will $800 buy, and how much does another $25-$50 mean to you? We all hear stories about those $400 Unisaws, but those are an isolated minority. A mint PM66 might roll along for $800, and it might snow in LA too! ;) Is saving another $25-$50 worth the risk of having a good saw slip through the cracks. It doesn't usually hurt to ask about a lower price, but I doubt I'd walk away at $800 if it checks out.

So is it loaded yet or you guys still getting outta bed? (11 am east coast):rofl:

Go for it Mohammad but you know thats a flatworkers machine eh?

You gonna have to start posting that flatwork you doing on the sly.;)

Larry the flat guys are gaining on the spinny boys. Last week we had Vaughn hooking up a sander now Mohammads getting a table saw, 220V as well.;):D:thumb:

Jim, thanks for the info on the Biesemeier splitter. I will need to buy a splitter. It is not cheap though. What is it that makes it better than other versions?

Scott, the deal was made at $775. It is missing the splitter/guard assembly. He did have a custom 6 ft wide cross-cut sled, which is included.

Rob, I will have to coordinate the pickup with the seller and Vaughn. It will be either this weekend or the following weekend. I don't have 220V yet so I am not in a big rush to bring it home. Electrical work is next on my list. Every time I try to move forward with the electrical, a power tool comes along and I end up buying it and I ruin my budget in the process. Now I think that I have enough tools to warrant 220v in my shop. So tool purchase is on hold now and 220v is on the top of the list.

Congrats, Mohammad. :thumb: In addition to a splitter (or the BORK riving knife), I'd recommend a zero-clearance insert, too.

...Every time I try to move forward with the electrical, a power tool comes along and I end up buying it and I ruin my budget in the process. Now I think that I have enough tools to warrant 220v in my shop...

Yeah, you better hurry and get some electricity out to the shop before you run out of room. :p

I've got some stuff going on this coming Saturday, but I think Sunday's open, as well as the following weekend. ;)

Thanks Vaughn.

Seller will let me know by Wednesday what his availability is.

I have a few days to decide about the splitter or the BORK.

I also want to get GRR-Ripper. I have never used that before. Is it better to buy two?

Jim, thanks for the info on the Biesemeier splitter. I will need to buy a splitter. It is not cheap though. What is it that makes it better than other versions?

Scott, the deal was made at $775. It is missing the splitter/guard assembly. He did have a custom 6 ft wide cross-cut sled, which is included.

Rob, I will have to coordinate the pickup with the seller and Vaughn. It will be either this weekend or the following weekend. I don't have 220V yet so I am not in a big rush to bring it home. Electrical work is next on my list. Every time I try to move forward with the electrical, a power tool comes along and I end up buying it and I ruin my budget in the process. Now I think that I have enough tools to warrant 220v in my shop. So tool purchase is on hold now and 220v is on the top of the list.

Chinese Proverb: Man who have to many tools & no electricity have way to many tools.:rofl::rofl::rofl: