Red Oak Burl

Steve Sironi

:doh: I've got an big old Burl I'd like to move on to a woodworker who could do something with it. But I have no idea what value it has and what would be reasonable to expect/ask for, if anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Red Oak Burl.jpg
    Red Oak Burl.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 44
Hi, Steve! Welcome to the Family!!! :wave:

I'm sure someone will be willing to "help" you with the burl. Why don't you post your location so people who are close to you can contact you? :thumb:

Hi, Steve! Welcome to the Family!!! :wave:

I'm sure someone will be willing to "help" you with the burl. Why don't you post your location so people who are close to you can contact you? :thumb:
Thanks Bill! This burl of mine is sitting in Hanson, Massachusetts just waiting for someone to want to turn it into something wonderful!

That's a sweet-looking burl, Steve. :thumb: If you weren't clear on the other side of the continent, I'd be there helping you get some of that burl turned.

Sometimes eBay can give you a rough idea of a turning blank's worth, although I don't recall seeing anything this big listed there. I suspect if you cut it into the shippable blanks, you could find buyers on eBay or other online venues. On the other hand, I suspect there are turners who'd jump at the chance to have that thing in its whole form. I just don't know what they'd be willing to pay. (But it's definitely worth paying for, in my opinion.)