Party favorite

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Any idea what it is?
attachment.php

Every year we have a halloween party. A few years back I put up some shelving under our stairway, covered the walls in black plastic, and setup the laptop as a photo booth.

Well don't have a closet like that at the new house, but wanted to have the photo booth again, so this is what I came with. It holds the computer screen, camera attached above, CPU on the floor, and may add another shelf for the printer. We've never printed the pics before, just uploaded them for download by our guests or to view on-line. Will curtain off one end of our sun room with this setup behind it. Need to add a light on the top yet and will paint it all black.
attachment.php

Haven't used this software before, but looks like it will work nicely.
http://www.sparkbooth.com

Attachments

• IMAG0298.jpg
    IMAG0298.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMAG0300.jpg
    IMAG0300.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Wow! The Sketchup plug-in you're using makes it look totally hand-drawn. :thumb: :p

The Halloween photo booth sounds like a fun idea. :D

Looks like fun. I've seen folk set those up to be real easy to use with a single USB button before. Should be a lot of fun at a Halloween party! :thumb:

Last edited:
Well, the photo booth was a hit. We set it up at the end of our sun room. I attached couple of eye bolt on each wall and strung up a few sheets for curtains.
IMAG0319.jpg

I built a box for the light to set behind, which worked fine, but had too much reflection on the background poster, so ended up reflecting it off the ceiling instead.
IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg

Audrey ended up having to dress up too, she was my partner.
2011_10_29_191007.jpg