A Bradley Copycat - Partly

Bill Arnold

Staff member
After seeing Jim's post about the DC modification to his bandsaw a couple of weeks ago, I thought it would be a good addition to do in my spare time. Yeah, what's that? :huh:

While doing some routine bandsaw maintenance today, I decided to tweak my BSDC to reach under the table. I have a 5" DC drop going through a blast gate to a 5/4 reducer, then a 4" wye to both of the 4" ports on my G0513.
bsdc1.jpg

I didn't want to completely re-do the ducting, so I simply cut an opening in a short section of 4" flex between the wye and the duct going to the bottom BS port. I used aluminum duct tape to seal the joint and ran 2.25" shopvac flex under the table.
bsdc2.jpg

I put a 90* elbow at the end of the flex near the blade.
bsdc3.jpg

To increase suction on the 2.25" tube, I closed off 3/4 of the port inside the base of the saw.
bsdc4.jpg

So far, it works better than before, but I'll probably add a box under the table, per JCB's design.

(We'll see how much dust I have after running the 180 mahogany strips I need for my credenza lattice! :eek:)

Last edited:
Looks good, Bill. Just goes to show that not only can an old dog learn new tricks, but he can teach a few, too. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point, Brent. ;) I like most dogs more than I like most people. So maybe Jim is a dog after all, because I do like him quite a bit. :)

Nice upgrade Bill. This Bradley thing is very soon going to be an adopted new standard say like ISO.

There will be the
Bradley shop layout standard BSLS 1000
Bradley jig and fixture standard BJFS 1002
Bradley dust extraction standard BDES 1003
subset of the BDES 1003 will be the BDES part 1 section A that deals with specific machine dust extraction set ups and in this particular case part A would be the bandsaw.

Now all we need is multipage form for certification application, payment of theappropriate audit fee and of couse the physical inspection not to forget the inspectors gift (bribe) and free lunch. :)
Then some time later (undefined) you will recieve you embossed seal stamped and signed certification certificate provided of course you kept the proper construction file records on hand in your shop and up to date with the relevant change notices properly completed and signed off.

Only this is i dont have a clue who the authorising authority is going to be given the conflict arising with the Ce mark standards.

lol :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Old Ish Ka Bibble was a funny comedian. Of course the younger people don't have a clue about what I am talking about. Of course some of the older ones don't have a clue either because I don't have a clue how Ish spelled his name.

Enjoy,

JimB

Ish Kabibble
Ishkabbiblebogue.jpg

Rob, I don't give a dang what you used to send the post; all I care about is the big belly (big belly on me?) laugh I got from it.

Enjoy,

JimB
That made me spit my coffe onto my monitor, and I almost choke! you should have given a warning, and I can't stop laughing:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sent from my PC splattered with coffe...

Thank you Bill. I will probably remember from now on. I was probably something like 20 yrs old last time I saw the name in print.

I cannot top you Toni. A coffee splattered monitor does sound like real 2000 plus, slap-stick comedy.

I think subtle humor is a dying art. Comedy today seems to be of the, "Hit me over the head with a ball bat" variety.

Enjoy,

JimB

Vaughn,

Where in the heck do you come up with all of the "inserts" you place in your posts. You must have a private line into "kookieville."

I said something like this in an earlier post. (I was referring to "Sent on my Tappa Talk" or something like that.) I don't care how you sent it, just keep doing it, I love the laughs.

Enjoy,

JimB