Hi, Guys & Gals

John Stevens

Just wanted to introduce myself and thank you all for allowing me to join your forum. Some of you might know me from other WW forums...hopefully you won't kick me out if you recognize me ;)

As a rule I don't post pics of my work, but here are a couple just to show that I do actually make some furniture. It's a CD holder. I'm a really bad photographer, so it's hard to see the shadow lines on the front, but they're there. The first pic is with one of the doors open so you can judge the scale of the piece. The second pic is with the doors closed.

open.JPG closed.JPG

Construction details: cabinet grade maple ply; miter joints along the vertical joints; the three columns are rotated slightly so the front isn't a flat plane; Soss hinges; finished with clear shellac over tung oil.

Back to lurking.

Regards,

John

Just wanted to introduce myself and thank you all for allowing me to join your forum. Some of you might know me from other WW forums...hopefully you won't kick me out if you recognize me ;)

As a rule I don't post pics of my work, but here are a couple just to show that I do actually make some furniture. It's a CD holder. I'm a really bad photographer, so it's hard to see the shadow lines on the front, but they're there. The first pic is with one of the doors open so you can judge the scale of the piece. The second pic is with the doors closed.

Construction details: cabinet grade maple ply; miter joints along the vertical joints; the three columns are rotated slightly so the front isn't a flat plane; Soss hinges; finished with clear shellac over tung oil.
Hi john - Welcome aboard!:wave:

Great looking cabinet - thanks for posting. BTW, were all here because we like working with wood, with few exceptions we're not great photographers either. :rofl: So, post away! Show us your work, your shop, etc.!!:type: