A gloat of a different kind...if I may.....

My oldest son and I need a father-son outing. So yesterday, he came over and we made reservations.

March 16, 2012 we fly to Knoxville, TN for the Nationwide and Sprint Cup races at Bristol, TN on March 17th and 18th.

Somebody poked me about the noise. I just informed them that there is an On-Off switch on sound processor for the left ear and for the hearing aid on the right ear.

The boy promised to buy me a beer.

That should be great fun for you and your son! I'm a NASCAR fan, but have never seen a race live. Bristol is one track I'd like to visit for a race sometime. I live about 2.5 hours south of the Atlanta Speedway and still haven't been there! :huh:

Oh, well - one day! :dunno:

Are you married Ken? Boy that could be more convenient than one might think :rofl:

Have a great time!

Ken,

Very soon the wife and I will celebrate our 43rd anniversary. However, my recent deafness did bring a death threat from her. I went deaf 7/7/2010. After about 6 months she told me "If you ever get some hearing back and intentionally ignore me, I'll kill you!". She was serious!

My sudden deafness has placed a huge increase in responsibility and work on her shoulders as I can't hear anything on a telephone or cell-phone. We got our first cell phones after my deafness forced me to retire early. She travels more than I desire so I often stay home. We can text message to communicate.

I will probably not use the On/Off switches around her out of fear......she is a foot shorter, 115 lbs. lighter....and I am still scared of her!:eek:

...I will probably not use the On/Off switches around her out of fear......she is a foot shorter, 115 lbs. lighter....and I am still scared of her!:eek:

:rofl: sounds as though our wives may be related :D

My hearing has been deteriorating since my service days, I was an armor crewman{tanks} and thought hearing protection was uncool...I used to tease my wife that I couldn't or didn't understand her 'honey do' requests, she said she understood and that she had a sure-fire solution to solve my dilemma...the first time she leaned in close and pinched my ear-lobe, it miraculously cleared my problem :eek::doh:;)