Tell a funny shop related story.

Bart Leetch

Here's Mine.

I had a friend come to my shop one time & say oh it's dusty. I said yes that's because it's not your living-room it's a shop where there is woodworking going on. At a not to later date I was at a meeting at his house. When he left the room I told the story about his being to my shop to the other mutual friends then proceeded to pull out a pair of my old white military gloves & put one on. I had just wiped a finger of the glove along his coffee table when he walked back into the living-room I held it up & said oh its dusty the look on his face was absolutely hilarious.

Well, I'm not sure how funny these are, but ..............

I've had a folding camping cot that I've been using as a dog bed for the shop dog until it finally got totally wrecked in august. (I was very sad, not just for the dog, but because I figured that's where the Ambassador will be sleeping when he comes to visit! Not his wife, of course, she would be in the guest suite.) LOML was thrilled with the demise of the cot. Positively GIDDY that the cot was out of there. He's very preoccupied with how I arrange my shop even though he has his own shop, bigger than mine for his "auto" hobby. (and I could care less what he does in there.) He hated that cot. Said it was ridiculous, dog could sleep on floor, took up too much room, ugly, etc. etc. etc. I was with LOML a few times in some big box stores trying to find another one, and alas they just didn't have what I wanted. LOML always breathed a sigh of relief when I couldn't find one. So I looked online and ordered another camping cot without telling LOML. This time I got a really beefy "military style" one that's good for 300lbs (it says). When it got delivered and LOML saw it, well, the look on his face was.....pretty funny. The despair, the sadness, the rage, <evil grin>. Now shop dog has a better cot than ever!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

It's been a couple of years, but I had several funny experiences with our shop cat (kitten from the Humane Society) before she died suddenly. No, it was a health issue!

When I was still adding to the DC, I'd be under the benches where I could barely move and suddenly hear a 'buzzing' in my ear. As it got closer, it was the kitten purring like crazy and sticking her nose in my ear!

I had to keep a close eye on her. For instance, one day I was running material on my router table. Out of nowhere, she was walking toward the router with her eyes fixed on the spinning bit. I turned off the router, petted her a little, put her on the floor and she was OK for a while.

The worst thing was her desire to be in my lap when I sat on the shop stool at my computer. With my heels on the bottom rung of the stool, my legs were open a bit and she could jump just enough to get her claws.....well, you know. :D

it depends if your a hunter or anti if this is funny.

I had a lady walk in the shop and wanted me to refinish a small table. She got a look at all the deer heads on the wall and basically started having a ca-nip-shin fit, screening and crying. I promptly showed her the door and closed it on her as she walked through.